Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This masterclass is designed for communication professionals interested in the latest trends in digital and the consequences for the corporate communication field. This masterclass brings together a diverse group of accomplished, driven and open-minded professionals from Europe and beyond and from various communication positions in the public and private sector, NGOs and consultancies.
Participants for this course are advised to hold at least a Bachelor Degree and 3+ years of working experience in the corporate communication field and related.
Participants for this course are advised to hold at least a Bachelor Degree and 5+ years of working experience in the corporate communication field and related.
About the course
The digital transformation has increased the work complexity and challenges for corporate communication professionals. The empowerment of internal and external stakeholders through digital tools requires organisations to reconsider their structures, processes, and strategies. How do these changes impact crisis management, stakeholder engagement, and reputation management?
This course will provide participants with a critical understanding for how digital media transform the communication environment in which organisations operate. It will provide frameworks to navigate the complexity of a new media landscape and help participants applying tools and tactics to efficiently manage various stakeholder relationships.
This course will support participants to grasp the latest technological developments and consider ethical considerations therein. It will discuss the threats and opportunities of online communication through novel tactics, such as digital storytelling or use of digital influencers, and introduce frameworks to monitor and evaluate digital communication outcomes.
The course includes lectures and case studies to provide an exciting learning environment.
By participating in this course, you will:
- Understand the impact of trends in digital communication on corporate communication, including citizen journalism, social media influencers, digital activism, and fake news
- Gain knowledge for how to develop and manage digital communication campaigns and the role of owned, third-party, and user generated media content
- Identify digital and social media tools, technologies, and platforms to improve stakeholder engagement, crisis management, and change communication
- Understand the role of and opportunities for empowered employees and CEOs for corporate communication in the digital age
- Explore a range of concepts, models, and tools to identify and effectively reach external and internal audiences
- Develop communication strategies and match them to specific platforms, technologies, and digital media
- Monitor, evaluate, and measure the impact of digital communication campaigns
- Critically understand latest technologies and their ethical implications
Michael Etter has a PhD in organization studies and cultural theories from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. He has worked as assistant professor at Copenhagen Business School and as Marie-Curie Research Fellow at Cass Business School, City, University of London. His work has appeared in...
Stuart is an independent communications consultant specialising in online corporate communications, public affairs, social media and digital PR. He is listed in the PRWeek Power Book of the UK’s most influential 1% of public relations people. He was previously the managing director of Wolfstar, ...
Stephan joined Edelman Brussels in September 2019. He is an international government relations and public policy specialist with 20+ years corporate & consultancy experience. His particular expertise lies in policy and communications around digitization and emerging technologies (artificial i...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.