Who should attend
This highly interactive course is suitable for professionals at any level wanting build intercultural intelligence.
About the course
Reap the many rewards of cultural diversity in teams by developing your Cultural Intelligence (CQ).
- Develop a deeper understanding of the nature and role of cultural differences in workplace and customer relationships.
- Understand how your own cultural background influences your perceptions and actions.
- Communicate effectively with people from all cultural backgrounds.
- Understand the five psychological stages of adapting to different cultures.
- Analyse interactions using the four basic elements of cross-cultural communication.
- Bridge intercultural gaps to build relationships based on equality and mutual respect.
- Anticipate the impacts of cultural diversity on your professional performance.
- Build CQ principles into business practices to improve productivity and services.
What is covered in the course?
- Your professional context and business case for developing CQ.
- Understanding culture and cultural diversity.
- The four elements of CQ:
- cultural self-awareness
- cultural adaptability
- cultural literacy
- cultural bridging.
- Applying CQ principles to your professional performance.
How will I benefit?
This highly interactive course will provide you with tools and strategies to help build your CQ. You will be involved in engaging exercises and have opportunities to discuss your experiences, questions and challenges. Applying these tools in developing your intercultural skills will enhance your interpersonal relationships and your professional performance.
How will my organisation benefit?
Reducing misunderstandings and disagreements based on differing cultural perspectives can help improve your workplace and customer relations.
Robert Bean - BA, Grad Dip Ed, Cert IV Training and Assessment Robert Bean is the director of Adelaide-based consulting and training practice Robert Bean Intercultural. He has 39 years' experience in the intercultural communication and management field, helping thousands of individuals to enhanc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.