Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you are a business professional who wants to learn basic analytical skills to conduct research and perform analysis to make more informed and evidence-based decisions, this programme is right for you.
About the course
Quickly synthesise qualitative data, determine implications, and make informed decisions. When making decisions, how do you assess the credibility of information? Do you conduct research and gather data methodically, or act on instinct and follow the latest trends? Do you know what key questions to ask? Feel confident you’re making valid decisions? Whether you are developing a new product or service, presenting findings on a competitor’s product, or deciding how to allocate resources, you need analytical skills to be able to support your conclusions with valid and credible evidence.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Learn the basics to implement a process for data analysis
- Know how to focus on the most critical information
- Involve the right people to take decisions, and convey your message in terms your audiences will understand
This analytical skills training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your skills. You will gain a wider perspective of analysis and decision-making through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your analytical skills & competencies and be able to:
- Identify relevant information
- Research and organise data from multiple sources in appropriate formats
- Categorise data for analysis
- Make difficult decisions involving qualitative data
- Perform analysis from multiple perspectives
- Recognise patterns and determine what they mean for the business
- Evaluate the evidence to identify the best opportunity or most rational solution
- Communicate findings and recommendations clearly
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Developing Your Analytical Skills is a 4-lesson hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
LESSON ONE (3 hours)
- Apply Techniques to Information to Determine What Is Relevant
- Put Information into a Form That Can Be Analyzed Analyze Information in Order to Identify the “Best” Opportunity for Your Business, and Explain Your Reasoning
- Recognize Patterns and Discern What They Can Mean for Your Business
- Identify a Framework for Creating Presentations That Uses Information You’ve Derived from Your Analysis
Analytical Skills for the Business Professional
- Identify Core Analytical Skills Commonly Used By Business Professionals
- Describe Some of the Challenges Business Professionals Face in Collecting, Evaluating, and Presenting Information and Recommendations
- Identify the Basic Steps of the PAC Model Analysis Process
LESSON TWO (3 hours)
The Planning Phase
- Identify the Purpose of the Analysis
- Use a Tool for Clarifying Questions
- Decide on an Approach for an Analysis
- Discuss the Importance of Considering the Needs of Your Requester and Audience When Developing the Plan
- Create a Data Collection Plan
LESSON THREE (3 hours)
The Analyze Phase
- Use an Outline to Organize Data for Analysis
- Aggregate Unstructured Data into Segments
- Organize Data via Graphic Tools
- Assess the Potential Risk Associated with an Analysis
- Explain the Significance of a Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Develop a Decision Matrix Use an Outline to Evaluate Data and Deal with Information Gaps
The Conclude Phase
- Describe How to Develop Valid Conclusions
- Explain How to Get from Conclusions to Recommendations
- Develop Recommendations That Can Be Used in a Presentation
Telling Your Story
- Discuss Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Presenting Your Findings/Telling Your Story to Multiple Audiences
- Deliver a Brief Presentation Highlighting Your Conclusions and Recommendations
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.