Who should attend
Because you do not need a title to be a leader, this course is appropriate for everyone from executive-level managers to the newest intern.
About the course
Learn how to identify ethical dilemmas, solve them more effectively, identify your baselines stress level, orient your lives back towards it, and understand where leaders fail ethically.
A title or position does not make you a leader. Leadership develops through knowing yourself and what is important to you, why it is important to you, and how you can live your life in a way that shows it.
This self-knowledge provides the basis from which your character, purpose, and authenticity can be revealed. A leader who develops an understanding of oneself, while also employing a stakeholder-orientation perspective, establishes a level of trust that can be used to motivate, influence, and inspire others.
In this course, you will be guided through creating your own personal code of ethics and your personal brand. Participants will then examine leadership successes and failures related to building an ethical culture within an organization or unit.
This course is a part of the online Leading with Ethics and Moral Principles Certificate (Online).
This online certificate has been designed to challenge you and help you grow as a leader and individual. Explore your leadership potential, understand the essentials to create a more ethical environment in your organization, and foster more innovation and growth.
- Build your personal code of ethics upon a foundation of ethical principles
- Identify your aspirational personal brand and launch a strategy for building it
- Compare and contrast examples of leadership successes and failures
Return on education:
- Employer benefits:
- Better refine your ethical principles to enhance and better articulate your leadership style
- Understand your leadership successes and failures and how to create a more ethical culture
- Define your personal brand and how it relates to your leadership style
- Employee benefits:
- Embrace a core set of ethical principles that will serve as the foundation for your leadership style
- Examine leadership successes and failures as it relates to creating an ethical culture within your organization or unit
- Identify their aspirational personal brand and a strategy for building it
This course is now available on-demand. You will receive course materials and gain access to the learning environment within one business day of registration and payment. Once you start the course, you will have 12 weeks to complete it.
Kent Noble is the Bill Daniels Chair of Business Ethics at the University of Wyoming College of Business. In 2018, Kent received the Professor of the Year distinction at the UW College of Business. Also in 2018, Kent earned the Campus Being a Difference Award from the NASBA Center for the Public ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.