Developing Leadership Charisma: Your Actions Speak Louder Than Your Words
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IMS.Full disclaimer.
The most capable don't always succeed; the ones who project their ability do. You can be the brightest in your business specialty and produce measurable results, but if you aren't consistently effective with people, it is very difficult to project your influence. In this seminar you'll acquire new tools to develop your own style of strong and directive executive effectiveness and leadership. You'll learn how the best think, act, and relate to others on a whole new level – to both get pulled up from above and pushed up from below. You'll become even more memorable, impressive, credible, genuine, trusted, liked, cool, calm, confident, charismatic, and competent in your professional and personal life. In addition, you will always ensure that the message you send is the message you intend as a leader who makes leaders out of others.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 20% Explanation of the 4 C’s of effective leadership – the pillars of the program
- Craftsmanship: Establishing a strong track record
- Confidence: Feeling broadly valuable
- Constant Communication: In giving and receiving
- Co-worker Collaboration: Influencing those who report to you and those who don't
- 10% Executive persona and leadership style.
- How, why, and when good leaders turn into great leaders; how to develop what works for you.
- Mistakes to avoid - from the biggest to the smallest.
- 10% Initiate action that changes your course.
- Who does what: when, how, and why it benefits you and your organization.
- Networking decorum (face-to-face and social media of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- 10% Expect and give acceptance to maintain self-esteem - both yours and others.
- How to expect acceptance even when you don't get it; how to turn that around.
- Understand and learn how to consistently perform your number one job in life: maintain self-esteem -- both yours and others.
- 10% Ask questions and ask favors despite how much you know and can do
- Questions to ask others (and how) in good and bad situations...plus good ways to answer questions presented to you.
- How asking favors builds bonds and doing favors builds resentment.
- 10% Stand tall, straight, and smile to look and ultimately be confident.
- How to modify career-derailing behavior.
- How to ensure the message you send is the message you intend -- even before you open your mouth.
- 10% Be human, humorous, and hands-on.
- How to deal with people in a personable yet professional manner by finding and sharing common ground across boundaries and borders -- that elusive quality that is in high demand and short supply.
- 10% Slow down, shut up and listen.
- How to develop your conscious comportment in how you move, act, react, walk and talk, to provide sustained, improved outcomes in all interpersonal situations.
- 10% Completing the puzzle of what it takes to being pulled up from above and pushed up from below
- How to create your unique style of executive persona and charisma that inspires, motivates, and influences others who report to you and those who don't!
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Interpersonal Relations
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Direction, Coordination
- Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Generate and Obtain Plan Support