Who should attend
This programme is designed to provide executive leadership training for team leaders, ranging from midlevel managers to executives, who lead others with managerial responsibility. It will benefit executives who require strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
About the course
Develop your skills as a strategist, communicator and coach to achieve goals and lead others. When you have to wonder about your organization's future every day of every work week, it's vital to be well equipped to optimize your company's performance—as well as your own career—with executive leadership training. To exhibit real executive leadership skills in business, you must be a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat and a politician. The world's most successful leaders are able to focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats.
This intensive three-day executive leadership training programme combines proven-in-action techniques with peer interaction and insights from the latest research to help you master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Build an executive leadership style that creates trust, sets a clear vision and guides your entire team toward greater performance and profit
- Gain insights into the key executive leadership skills and techniques you need to create a winning strategy
- Learn what real “coaching” consists of and how to build an extraordinary team that works together to deliver results
- Strengthen your “emotional intelligence” for greater professional achievement and satisfaction
- Identify the characteristics of effective leadership and the most common obstacles
- Develop an executive leadership style that adapts to the person and situation
- Improve performance through empowerment and effective delegation
- Clearly communicate mission, vision and value statements
- Build a cohesive unit that performs well in all situations
- Apply executive leadership training to continue your growth as a leader through a self-development plan
This 3 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays. Programme Highlights:
Understanding Today’s Executive Leadership Expectations
- Examining your executive leadership challenges
- Exploring the fundamental concepts of executive leadership
- The four-factor model of effective executive leadership
- Differentiating between leadership and management
- Identifying the executive leadership requirements for the 21st century
Leadership with the Head: Exploring the Strategic Elements of Executive Leadership
- Defining mission, vision and values
- Focusing on the “big picture” when building the culture
- The importance of planning and prioritizing in day-to-day activities
- Taking the time to focus on envisioning the future
- How a personal vision statement helps you achieve your organizational vision
Leadership with the Hands: Understanding and Appreciating Situational Leadership® II, the Art of Influencing Others
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Developing your leadership style to gain commitment from your employees
- Matching your leadership style to your employees’ developmental needs
Leadership with the Feet: Personal Values and Ethics at Work
- Understanding the challenges you face—and the various ways you can manage them
- Creating a culture of trusting relationships
- How individualized “passionate purpose” provides a context for consistency and credibility
Leadership with the Heart: Practicing Ways to Communicate
- Executive leadership techniques for enhancing pride in the work and the organization
- Motivating the workforce: three elements that ensure increased job satisfaction and productivity
- Examining the role of “emotional intelligence” in successful executive leadership
- Assessing your “emotional intelligence”: your strengths and areas that need development
Creating an Executive Leadership Development Plan
- Complete a Leadership Development Plan
- Receive Feedback on Your Development Plan
- Prepare and Plan for the Continuing Learning Experiences
Johan’s extensive international expertise in leadership, strategy and management development has been built over a 25-year career in key Human Resources roles and senior positions with international companies in the US and Europe. His work included leading major transformation projects concerning...
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.