Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Professionals across industries who are progressing from being in an individual contributor role to leading a team of individual performers
- Emerging leaders who are having to adapt to the demands of managing people and forming collaborations in a fast-changing digital environment
About the course
Faced with new responsibilities, emerging leaders need to learn new skills and gain more self-awareness in order to motivate, inspire and lead high-performing teams. Moreover, in today’s increasingly digitised and interconnected world, boundaries are blurred, collaborations are more fluid and the pressure on businesses to be agile is immense.
What does it take to be an effective and mindful leader in such a dynamic world? How do you become more resilient and better at leading and making decisions in such uncertain times? Do the traditional models of leadership hold, or is the digital age seeing a new brand of leaders emerge?
Developing Emerging Leaders provides a unique perspective on leadership, designed to help executives adapt to the challenges faced by organisations in a digital environment. As an emerging leader, the programme takes you on a journey of learning to lead yourself – and then translates that knowledge into leading others and forming effective team collaborations. It will equip you with skills to overcome the constraints of your organisation’s leadership culture, and help you to step forward with a new perspective on leading your team in the digital age.
How you benefit
- Learn to monitor and mould your own behaviour and grow your awareness of how it affects others
- Discover how to create a workspace that motivates your team members to give their best while becoming skilful at providing feedback and having difficult conversations
- Build successful teams by forming meaningful collaborations in digital organisations
Developing Emerging Leaders is an online programme delivered over 5 weeks that requires you to work on multiple levels. Each week develops one part of the overall the three following topics.
- Learn to monitor yourself and your behaviour at work
- Mould different aspects of yourself to become an effective and mindful leader
- Develop the practice of mindfulness to become aware of your surroundings and manage your emotions
- Create a work environment that motivates your team and helps them realise their full potential
- Discover techniques that can help you understand your relationships with yourself and others
- Learn how to give effective feedback and have difficult conversations
- Learn what is different about collaborations in a digital organisation
- Create conditions conducive to forming effective and successful collaborations, especially in the face of a digital transformation
- Face the challenge of building a shared mindset, shared identity and shared understanding in a digital age
Mark Mortensen is an Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour and the Chair of the Organisational Behaviour Area at INSEAD. His area of expertise is organisational collaboration, with an emphasis on two increasingly prevalent ways of organisng that do not fit traditional models of team d...
Declan Fitzsimons is Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. He holds a PhD from the school of Management at Cranfield University, UK. His research focus is on post-heroic leadership models such as shared leadership, senior teams, leading in complex environments unconscious proce...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.