Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The “Design Thinking: From Strategic Transformation to Business Impact” program is highly beneficial for managers responsible for business development, transformation, customer centricity, talent management, strategy implementation, customer service, strategic projects and innovation initiatives.
About the course
The Power of Design Thinking to Solve Complex Challenges
Harness the power of design thinking to boost your ability to tackle complex, customer-centric business challenges and address impending threats.
- Customer centricity. Learn how cross-functional teams can coalesce around customer needs to build a shared understanding of purpose and clear user-centered focus.
- Novel solutions. Explore new approaches to solve customer-centered problems in a wide range of business contexts.
- Turn risk into opportunity. Learn how to turn obstacles into new business opportunities by engaging your team and leveraging their unique talents and perspectives.
- Better results at lower risk. Create and implement customer-centric solutions with business impact, faster and more effectively.
The “Design Thinking: From Strategic Transformation to Business Impact” program’s content will be structured in the following way: The first block of the program focuses on the need for novel approaches like design thinking to catalyze strategic transformation and bridge the gap between dramatic change and positive corporate outcomes.
In the second block, participants will explore the power of design thinking as a problem-solving approach and its ability to simultaneously serve both customer and corporate interests. By combining concrete tools and techniques, design thinking offers organizations an in-depth understanding of end-user needs, while enhancing managerial competencies to solve human-centered challenges.
Theory comes to life in the final block, which features numerous examples of real-world design-thinking applications in a range of corporate contexts.
- Corporate Transformation: Navigating Complexity
Strategies to integrate design thinking into corporate decision-making frameworks and guidelines to address threats head-on.
- Hands-On Exercise: Inspiration, Ideation and Implementation
An engaging simulation to acquire an up-close understanding of distinct phases in the design-thinking methodology.
- Uncovering Needs and Generating Opportunities
Insights to develop a deeper understanding of customer interests by discovering latent needs and focusing on the original challenge.
- Concept Validation
Prototyping and experimentation to test ideas and learn from them quickly.
- Design-Thinking Applications
Apply key learnings to dissolve crisis situations, design and develop new customer-centric initiatives, redefine business models and apply strategic problem-solving.
Methodology and Format
IESE’s blended programs accelerate growth and boost business performance through a strategic and seamless interplay of highly engaging online and onsite content.
This program comprises two online modules and a three-day on-site module on IESE’s campus in Barcelona. All modules deliver an engaging, high-impact learning experience by interweaving a strategic blend of academic methodologies, including the case method, lectures, expert-panel session, exercises, best practices and a design-thinking simulation.
The program is modular in structure, offering participants the option of participating in (1) the full blended program (2) Module 1 only or (3) online Modules 1 and 3.
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.