Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This course examines techniques for decision analysis with emphasis on prioritization and the decision making process to be carried out by Operation & Maintenance Professionals. Decision-making is the most central human activity, intrinsic in our biology and done both consciously and unconsciously. We need it to survive. Taking a decision is not just a question of selecting the best alternative. Often one needs to prioritize all the alternatives for resource allocation among a portfolio of option, or to examine the effect of changes introduced to initial judgments. We need to set priorities on these solutions according to their effectiveness by considering their benefits, costs, risks, and opportunities, and the resources they need.
This course will feature:
- Breaking a problem down into its constituent parts or components, in the framework of a hierarchy.
- Establishing importance or priority to rank the alternatives is a comprehensive & general way to look at the problem in a formal manner.
- Application of multi criteria decision-making (MCDM) to practical problems.
- Introduction to different operational research & management science methods.
- Enhance decision-making with goals and criteria & show how to measure and rank them
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Improve productivity through use of better, timelier information
- Understand how world-class organizations solve common asset management problems
- Optimize planning and scheduling resources, carry out optimized failure analyses
- Optimize asset management budgets by avoidance of unplanned equipment failures in service
- Develop a practical approach of an action plan to utilize these technologies in their own areas of responsibility
Introduction to Decision Making
- Scope and significance of decisions
- The Decision making process
- The concept of best practice through learning from worst practice
- Introduction to reliability and Weibull analysis
- Case Studies and Group Exercises
Implementing Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Definition of Decision Analysis
- How, and Why, Bad Decisions are Made
- Guidelines for Good Decision Analysis
- What is AHP?
- Benefit/Cost Analysis
- Resources Allocation
Risk Management through Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Risk Priority Number
- The Criticality Matrix
- Modelling Reliability of Systems
- Series and Parallel Systems
- The Redundancy Concept
MRP and ERP Systems
- What is ERP and how did it develop
- What is MRP System
- The Bill of Materials
- Master Production Schedule
- Practical Examples
- Case Studies and Group Exercises
Decision Analysis for Optimization of Maintenance Activities
- How to get the most of your CMMS?
- Benefits that can result from CMMS
- Optimum Decisions for Maintenance Policies
- Key Features of Next Generation Maintenance Systems
- How to transform Data to Decisions
- Examples of Approaches and Case Studies
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is suitable to a wide range of technical professionals but will greatly benefit to operation and maintenance professionals, key operations supervisors and internal improvement consultants.