Who should attend
This microcredential is suitable for professionals from a wide range of sectors and backgrounds who are new to the field of data analytics and cybersecurity.
UTS microcredentials are developed for professionals with a capacity to undertake postgraduate tertiary education.
About the course
Designed to introduce data analytics in the cybersecurity field, this course covers key foundational context and concepts. Additionally, we will get hands-on with Python to work through tools and techniques via case studies, featuring both insider threats and external attacks.
About this course
This course introduces big data capabilities with threat intelligence to help detect, analyse and alleviate insider threats and targeted attacks from external bad actors and persistent cyber threats. It comprises several IT areas, including data analytics methods for identifying security issues in data, packet analysis for insider threats, network package and DDoS attack analysis from external threats and other intelligent technologies that derive cybersecurity issues from data.
Data Analytics for Cybersecurity Foundations introduces participants to the significance and language of data analytics in cybersecurity and the most common approach to standard process for data analytics. It offers practice in the foundations of data analytics of cybersecurity - identifying security risks, threats and vulnerabilities to the corporate computer and networks.
- Key benefits of this microcredential
- An end-to-end introduction to the field of data analytics for cybersecurity – including understanding its context and importance, along with key tools and techniques
- Development your understanding of key technologies and concepts, along with hands-on activities and case studies exploring real data sets and threats
- Complete as a self-contained course, or as a potential pathway to future postgraduate study.
This microcredential aligns with the two-credit point subject, Data Analytics in Cyber Security (411180) in one of the following postgraduate offerings:
- Graduate Certificate of Professional Practice (C11298)
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Practice (C06136)
- Master of Professional Practice (C04404)
- Graduate Certificate of Technology (C11301)
- Graduate Diploma of Technology (C06137)
- Master of Technology (C04406).
- This microcredential may qualify for recognition of prior learning at this and other institutions.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.