About the course
ICFR (Internal Controls over Financial Reporting) can be viewed as a compliance exercise, or you can use it to drive excellence in your business.
Over time, SOX has evolved with the increasing complexity of accounting standards. Use KPMG’s observations from years of work with thousands of clients to help streamline, automate, improve and transform your Internal Controls. We’ll discuss aligning risk and ICFR focus, managing SOX hours, the use of data & analytics and the potential for intelligent automation.
In addition we’ll discuss the current PCAOB inspection focus areas, the implications of new accounting standards, and the impact of evolving business structures on internal controls. We’ll share real-life examples and lead activities to allow you to consider the impact of the issues discussed on your own ICFR program.
- Recent areas of SEC and PCAOB focus around ICFR
- The importance of appropriate risk assessment
- Addressing information technology, bot governance and cyber risk in your internal control program
- Making your SOX program more efficient
- How to enhance your SOX program
- Ways to use data and analytics to improve an ICFR program
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.