Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
For leaders in public service organisations who are involved in decision making or lead teams of decision makers, including Senior Management, Team Members, Heads of Functional Units and those with Leadership Potential.
About the course
This Oxford Management Training Critical thinking and problem solving seminar covers all aspects of how best to use analytical to solve problems in our public sector teams and organisations.
It will enable delegates to apply the skills of critical thinking and problem solving in the global knowledge economy so that they can deal with change quickly and effectively. They will return to their organisations able to analyse information from diverse sources to solve problems.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Strategies for applying critical thinking in teams and organisations
- Solving problems using the range of techniques available
- Understanding personal preferences and adapting them to situations and other people
- Practical applications of critical thinking and problem-solving tools in the workplace
- Developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills within teams and business units
- Recognising when to use critical thinking in business situations
- Thinking clearly and solving problems rationally
- Analysing information from diverse sources in solving problems
- Developing, evaluating and selecting new ideas
- Critical self-reflection and self-evaluation for justifying decisions
- Definitions of Critical Thinking - rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, evaluation of factual evidence
- The Skills We Need for Critical Thinking and Key Traits of Critical Thinkers
- Improving Critical Thinking Skills and Developing the Ability to Reason Logically and Rationally
- How to Engage in Reflective and Independent Thinking
- Assessing our Critical Thinking Abilities
- Complimentary Thinking Skills including Creativity
- Identifying and Articulating the Challenge - issue or problem to be resolved
- Implementing Solutions using Analysis and Prioritisation Tools
- Overcoming Obstacles to Solving Problems
- Winning Support for Your Preferred Solution
- Problem Solving Techniques for Individuals and Teams
- Assessing Your Preferred Approach to Thinking
- Enhancing Whole-Brain Thinking – left and right brain
- Recognising and Adapting to the Preferred Thinking Styles of Colleagues and Team Members
- Recording the Creative Process using Mind Maps, Concept Charts, Flow Charts, Triangulation and Meta-thinking
- Building Knowledge with Data and Information Blocks and Unconscious Bias
- Tools and Techniques to Become More Creative and Critical Reading Skills and Practices
- Speaking and Listening Critically, plus Reasoning and Arguing Logically
- Using Words to Influence and Persuade and Presenting Evidence and Justifying Opinions and Advice
- How to Challenge Assumptions in Constructive Ways
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.