Who should attend
- Aspiring professionals who have the drive to improve individual performance
- Managers who must to provide superior guidance to their teams
- Individuals aiming to be better prepared for the next level in their career
- Organizations looking to establish a strong strategic foundation with global reach
About the course
- Frame the problem and diagnose your current state
- Create innovative solutions and identify key stakeholders’ needs, reframing as needed
- Decide on the on-balance best solution and support it with aligned decisions
- Engage stakeholders throughout and, eventually, convince them to support the solution
Use problem solving to generate new and creative ideas
Do you need to understand the essential elements of effective problem-solving? Do you want to improve your decision-making skills and brainstorm new strategies for solving complex problems?
This online course gives you a clear process and versatile tools to solve complex problems, both professional and personal. You will not be limited by traditional strategy frameworks. On the contrary, you will be key to unlocking the best creative problem-solving techniques by investigating complex questions with issue maps and using logic to promote creativity.
This critical thinking course is a toolkit that integrates knowledge based on both theoretical and empirical evidence from many disciplines and explains it in accessible terms.
Frame your problem, think critically and engage with your stakeholders
As a manager or aspiring leader, you know that to rise through the ranks requires strong and creative problem-solving skills. To get to the top, business leaders need to act and react to the priorities set for the organization.
They must exercise their critical thinking capabilities and decide on which issues to focus on and when. So, what are the essential elements of effective problem-solving that you can apply to your particular scenario?
Supporting you on your Complex Problem Solving online program journey
You will have a dedicated learning coach, making sure you receive a highly individualized learning experience.
Your professional learning coach accompanies you through your 5-week learning journey on this Complex Problem Solving online course. They provide support and feedback as you apply your learning directly into your workplace, where it has an immediate impact.
Their input helps you translate your learning to your particular context. By spreading this feedback regularly throughout the program, you'll be sure to embed your ongoing learning directly in your daily work.
Your professional learning coach interacts with you via video, in writing, and over the phone. You have calls, spread across the 5-weeks, at intervals that consolidate your learning.
Learn a structured decision making process that you can customize for any problem:
- Frame the problem solving process by cracking the deceptively difficult task of fully understanding the real issue at hand.
- Identify alternative solutions and create integrative options.
- Engage and convince key stakeholders throughout the process.
Albrecht Enders is Professor of Strategy and Innovation and Dean of Programs and Innovation at IMD. His major research, teaching and consulting interest is the reaction of companies to radical changes in their environment. Professor Enders has worked for clients such as ABB, Deloitte, Deutsche B...
Arnaud Chevallier is Professor of Strategy at IMD. He prepares Executives for the strategic challenges that corporations face in today’s dynamic global marketplace by helping them make better decisions in volatile and uncertain conditions. Arnaud’s research, teaching, and consulting activities p...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.