About the course
In 1986, Ms. King was a part of the team that published the first seminal research, “Breaking the Glass Ceiling”, on women leaders. With over 25 years of experience in working with women leaders, Ms. King has learned even more about success and derailment factors for women. In this session, women leaders will examine their own profile of success and areas for development. They will also focus on the key ingredients that continue to hold women back: not developing and articulating a leadership vision, not paying attention to the political landscape, and not strengthening the breadth and depth of relationships. They will leave this session with practical tools and individual insights to apply in their current roles.
10% Success and Derailment
- Understanding success and derailment in your organization
- Self -assessment to understand your strengths and areas for development
30% Success and Derailment for Women Leaders
- What we know about women leaders since Breaking the Glass Ceiling?
- How women leaders grow and develop
- Charting a plan for continuing success
15% Leadership Effectiveness and Vision
- The importance of vision
- Elements of an effective vision
- Developing your vision
30% Success and Navigating the Political Environment
- Self-assessment on political skills
- Six critical political skills
- Network Map Tool
- Strategies for Strengthening Your Network
15% Work with peer partners
- Sharing assessment results and insights
- Action planning
Sara N. King is principal of Optimum Insights, Inc., a private consulting firm, that is devoted to helping leaders assess their potential and increase their performance. In this capacity, Sara serves as an executive coach, workshop designer, facilitator and author. During 25 years in leadership d...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.