Creative Leadership: How to Innovate in a Complex World
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IMS.Full disclaimer.
Today’s complex problems call for Creative Leadership – the ability and willingness to look at problems from new angles, explore unfamiliar paths, and accept ambiguity and unpredictability rather than resist them. In this session, you will immerse yourself in 4 distinct but interrelated dimensions of Creative Leadership – Spontaneity, Vision, Curiosity, and Simplicity. We will discuss how to harness these 4 essential skills in your own workplace, drawing from the work of artists, scientists, and philosophers. But this is no abstract topic – you will learn powerful strategies for unleashing your ability to lead with courage, change with confidence, and face an uncertain future with your creative and critical thinking skills fully engaged.
Time Allocation - Topics
10% What is Creative Leadership?
- Defining the terrain: Why does creative leadership matter?
- Why creative leadership is the most critical leadership competency
- 4 essential skills for creative leadership
20% 1 - The Power of Spontaneity
- Exploring the art of possibility
- Turning “mistakes” into opportunities
20% 2 – The Power of Vision
- Clarifying your personal leadership vision
- Using metaphors to galvanize your team
20% 3 – The Power of Curiosity
- `Accepting the offer’: Embracing “what if” thinking
- How to mitigate the risk of the unknown
20% 4 – The Power of Simplicity
- How the world’s greatest innovators simplify the complex
- Communicating for impact
10% Creating a Bold Future Together
- Creative Leadership in the Age of Anxiety
- The courage to lead artfully
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Accelerating Performance Improvement, Adaptability, Creativeness, Decisiveness, Initiative, Leading Change
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Leveraging Continuous Improvement Processes, Building Teamwork, Problem Identification, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans, Determining Required Resources
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Executing Performance Improvement Initiatives, Decision Making, Delegation, Coordination