Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme is best suited for those with experience in creative and cultural businesses as also those who wish to enter these segments.
These could be:
[A] Entrepreneurs with an existing business, now ready to scale or diversify
[B] ‘Want-to-be Entrepreneurs’ with a very well defined idea with legs
The ventures could be in any creative or cultural sector such as:
- Visual Arts: Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Antiques
- Publishing and Print Media: Books, Press, other publications
- Design: Interior, Graphic, Fashion, Jewelry, Toys
- Creative Services: Architecture, Advertising, Creative R&D, Cultural & Recreational
- New Media: Software, Video Games, Digitized Creative Content
- Audiovisuals: Film, Television, Radio, Other Broadcasting
- Performing Arts: Live Music, Theatre, Dance, Opera, Circus, Puppetry
- Traditional Cultural Expressions: Arts and Crafts, Festivals, Celebrations
- Cultural Sites: Archeological Sites, Museums, Libraries, Exhibitions
About the course
This course involves 15 days of immersive modules on campus (3 sets of camps), spread across a 6 month duration with off-campus assignments between camps. This programme is curated for entrepreneurs in the creative and cultural industries. The coursework allows students to find their own anchor to the core tenets of the programme, build on their own business cases (with a go-to-market plan and a refined business model), while receiving guidance from IIMA faculty, industry leaders, and a mentor with whom each student is paired.
The programme aims at providing to the students, a specialized understanding of the nuances of the industry and an appreciation for the fresh approach to strategic thinking that is warranted by the sector
- Encourage, prepare and train students in the domain knowledge
- Adapt modern aesthetics, management skills, production methods to grass root levels in order to catalyze rural artisanal transformation and enhance more equitable value distribution across the value chain.
- Create relevance and market value for creative and cultural products
- Drive brand-led business investments in the sector
- Foster ‘The Golden Thread’ alignment of brand values to business processes and value chain management
- Accelerate building and scaling of creative ventures.
- Understanding how to create and build value in creative and cultural businesses.
- What does it mean to build a conscious and inclusive business?
- What makes the business unique, and is there something rooted in Indian culture or craft that makes it unique with a global relevance?
- Understanding the true value and wealth of Indian artisanal arts and crafts heritage.
Educational Qualifications PhD (Strategic Management) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Academic Affiliation August 2014 onwards- Faculty Member, Business Policy (Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad) March 2015 onwards- Chairperson, Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneursh...
Faculty at IIM Ahmedabad. Specialization in Operations Management. Industrial experience in manufacturing planning and control. Involved in research, teaching and consulting in the area of supply chain redesign, inventory policies, process analysis, project management and operations strategy. Des...
Educational Qualifications Fellow Program in Management (FPM) - Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) - Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi Indian School Certificate (ISC) - St. Columba's School, New Delhi Professional Affiliation Academy of Manageme...
Educational Qualifications University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada 1992 - 1995 Ph.D. - Social Psychology 1989 - 1992 M.A. - Social Psychology Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India 1986 - 1988 M.A. - Developmental and Educational Psychology (Ranked 1st) Sambalpur University, S.K.D.A.V. Coll...
Educational Qualifications Ph.D in Quantitative Methods (2008-2011) Aalto University School of Business, Helsinki Finland (Former Helsinki School of Economics) B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (2002-2006) Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur India Academic Affiliation Assistant Professor In...
Prof. Naman Desai – Finance and Accounting Educational Qualifications PhD (Accounting), 2008 – Department of Accounting, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL Masters in Accountancy, 2003 – Culverhouse School of Accountancy, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL Chartered Accountant, 2000 –...
Visiting Faculty, IIMA has over 30 years of learning from fashion and retail industry. Educated in India, but professionally developed in 16 years of operations in Paris, his particular expertise is the subject of ‘Emotional consumer intelligence for enhanced results in branding and product decis...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.