Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Mergers and acquisitions have become a part of today’s increasingly competitive and global economic environment. They can be important strategic tools for creating value. In this course, you will learn all the steps in the M&A process. Many of the crucial elements that can make or break a merger or acquisition will be identified, from selecting bona fide prospects to structuring the best deal. Also the integration will be discussed, which is in many cases a bottleneck that can make the whole merger fail. The many challenges of acquisitions and how to overcome them will be examined, based on best practice and participants’ own experiences.
During this course you will learn how to financially structure a deal, how to make it work and how to let different cultures blend into each other. It is a course that gives you an in-depth perspective about mergers and acquisitions from A to Z.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Structuring & Financing M&A Deals'?
- You will understand the M&A process.
- You will have a critical analysis framework to perform a due diligence.
- You will be aware of the legal and fiscal issues involved.
- You will understand the factors that can make or break a deal.
The programme 'Structuring & Financing M&A Deals' covers following topics:
Module 1: Setting the scene
- Strategy in M&A
- All concepts inherent to the M&A process will be tackled by means of a case study
Module 2: The process of deal-making
- Good practices of due diligence
- The deal process, step by step
- The decision making process
Module 3: Structuring M&A transactions
- The underlying finance decision
- Legal and fiscal actions involved in the M&A process, for both the buying and selling entity
- Structuring buy-out transactions
Module 4: Structuring buy-outs and post-M&A integration
- Structuring buy-out transactions
- Developing an integration approach
- Preserving value in the post-acquisition period
- Creating value through integration
Who should attend
- General managers about to embark or already responsible for making a success of an acquisition
- Business development or M&A managers responsible for your company’s acquisition process
- Financial experts looking to broaden your knowledge of the overall M&A process
- Functional managers in controlling, finance or human resources playing a role in the acquisition process of their company
Trust the experts
Hans Buysse is Adjunct Professor at Vlerick Business School. He is Partner at SynCap Belgium. Professor Buysse is an Investment Banker with extensive corporate finance experience from NIBC, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche, Fortis Bank and Paribas Bank with lead role in origination and execution of ma...
Mathieu shows how insights into financial figures and decisions can lead to value creation. Mathieu Luypaert is Associate Professor of Corporate Finance and Programme Director of the Masters of General Management at Vlerick Business School. Mathieu Luypaert obtained the title of Doctor in Applie...
Wouter De Maeseneire
Wouter De Maeseneire obtained his PhD from Erasmus University Rotterdam. He has worked as Assistant Professor in Corporate Finance at Erasmus and as Visiting Professor at Vlerick Business School. Currently he is Associate Professor in Corporate Finance at Vlerick and Visiting Professor at Erasmus...
Philippe is an expert in strategic management and in making M&A work. Professor Haspeslagh is Professor and Honorary Dean at Vlerick Business School. Before joining the school he was the Paul Desmarais Chaired Professor of Active Ownership at INSEAD and Founding Director of its International ...
How to create value through mergers and acquisitions? Here what prof. Mathieu Luypaert has to say.