Who should attend
This course is designed for middle managers and leaders who are responsible for continuous improvement and leading change.
About the course
Learn how to create metrics to drive performance! In this course, you will have the opportunity to translate business and manufacturing information in a way that improves decision-making and guides the organization towards achieving its strategic objectives. Discover what to measure, what not to measure, and how to use those measurements to optimize operations and avoid pitfalls. You will learn how to communicate metrics and generate reports through visual management tools to guide and encourage team members. Additionally, the course will help bridge the gap between understanding financial statements, developing justifications, and conducting project work that supports continual improvement.
What You Will Learn
- Strategic alignment
- Financial reporting
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how to create organizational alignment and support for achieving a strategic plan through proper metric development and deployment.
- Gain an understanding of the types of metrics and application, such as visual, leading, lagging, safety cross, and more.
- Discover the relationship and linkage between metrics for different functions and applications and financial statements.
- Develop skills for communicating metrics, such as corporate dashboard, KRA, team board, and gemba walk.
- Understand how to sustain a metric-driven organization through practices such as leadership cadence and five-minute stand-ups.
GAIN UNDERSTANDING ON TYPES OF METRICS
- How to identify what to measure
- Types of metrics overview
USE METRICS TO ACHIEVE STRATEGIC PLAN AND CREATE ALIGNMENT
- Business strategy overview
- Strategic plan and key performance indicators
- Corporate scorecard
- Functional plans
LINK OPERATIONAL METRICS AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS TO FINANCIAL IMPACTS AND REPORTING
- General P&L overview
- Corporate dashboard
- Functional plans
DEVELOP PROCESS AND SKILLS FOR COMMUNICATING METRICS
- Effective communication
- Communication tools and visuals
- Communication cadence
SUSTAIN A METRIC DRIVEN ORGANIZATION
- Leadership commitment
- How to create a culture of accountability
- Leadership cadence
Timothy Israel is group manager for Lean Enterprise and Quality Services at the Georgia Institute of Technology Enterprise Innovation Institute. He and his 15-person staff work with companies and organizations to reduce waste and improve manufacturing operations by implementing continuous improve...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.