About the course
A ruthlessly practical online course to learn and apply the essential tools, techniques, and processes of innovation.
Discover how to put innovation into practice
Innovation is one of the most common business buzzwords of the last decade. It is often said that innovation is crucial for companies to survive. But what does the word really mean? And more importantly, how do you do innovation?
This course covers the fundamental foundations that enable you to create innovation in your organisation. We believe innovation is all about unlocking and applying creativity to solve problems that matter. In other words, developing new ideas that create value and tackle important challenges.
Get beyond the jargon and discover simple, practical ways to think about innovation and how to bring it into your business context and lead innovation in any team. You will learn the tools, techniques and processes that allow innovation to flourish and create value for you, your organisation and your customers or stakeholders. From understanding users to generating ideas, crafting creative concepts and testing prototypes. Learn from case studies and peers and get support to apply new tools and frameworks in your own business.
What you will learn
By the time you finish this course you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume
- Learn a range of practical methods, everything from framing the problem, to doing user research, collaborative ideation, prototyping and more
- Understand how to do innovation, how you can successfully implement it and how to use tools, techniques and processes that can enable innovation
- Understand the theory and practice of innovation processes, from conducting research to gaining traction for new ideas
- Get to know case studies of how innovation has been successfully (and not successfully) implemented
- Ability to design and run collaborative innovation processes using a wide range of approaches
- Select and apply appropriate tools, methods and processes to enable innovative ideas to be developed and implemented
- Develop an innovation mindset and the capacity to integrate innovation into an organisation
- Build confidence in your ability to lead innovation and bring new ideas to life
How you will learn
The Hyper Island approach is different from a traditional online course. We combine hands-on learning in your workplace with a fast-paced online environment to create a powerful experience that truly pays off.
Every Sunday, the weekly module is introduced. You will receive a Learning kit consisting of original content and insights to maximize your knowledge. The course content is available for you to go through at any time you choose during the week.
The one-hour online webinar session is scheduled on Tuesdays 15:00-16:00 CET and held by industry experts and course facilitators. They will dig deeper into the weekly module content and discussing questions and challenges. You can join it live or watch the recording in your own time.
Every week, there will be tasks and challenges to solve. They are designed to integrate with your work to build your competence. The deadline for sharing your results from your challenges and reflection on the process will be on Sundays.
Peer learning and perspective
We find that much of the learning comes through interactions and discussion from your peers on the course. As part of your journey you will read other participant ́s work and share your perspective to create an interactive participatory experience.
This course is designed to be flexible to your schedule. The time commitment is individual, however you are expected to spend approximately 5-7 hours per week on your learning.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.