About the course
Leaders often face the challenge of helping employees see things differently. Helping others see their blind spots, gaps in logic, and barriers to change means you have to challenge how they think. You can’t tell them to think differently and expect results. You have to listen in a specific way to know what questions to ask that will breakthrough their mental frames. If done the right way, there is a moment in the conversation that changes everything. The employee sees their blind spots and what they are capable of doing and being more than they thought before. He or she always remembers the leader who had the courage to help them see. This powerful session will help leaders create breakthrough moments in their performance and development conversations, opening the minds of the people they work with.
- 15% The coach approach to leadership
- The difference between coaching and mentoring and when to use each approach
- How humans learn new behaviors
- Why using an inquiry-based approach is effective in changing minds and behavior
- 25% Three levels of listening
- Transactional versus transformational leadership
- Shifting your listening positions to hear beyond the words
- Using mirroring and powerful questions to shift someone’s perspective
- 25% The Courageous Coaching Model
- A guideline for the coaching conversation
- Practice deep listening to facilitate growth
- Performance versus development conversations
- 25% Giving feedback
- Steps for starting the conversation with feedback
- Shifting the conversation from problems to possibilities
- Handling resistance
- 10% Creating a coaching culture
- Cultivate an environment where coaching is a mindset instead of a tool
- Creating your personal development plan to embed your skills
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Interpersonal Relations, Emotional Intelligence
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Use of Authority, Delegation
- Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification
Dr. Marcia Reynolds, MCC, is fascinated by the brain, especially what triggers feelings of connection, commitment, and possibility. She draws on her research as she helps leaders have more effective conversations where they shift even difficult conversations into difference-making moments. She ha...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.