Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Benefit from gaining a thorough understanding of:
- Practical corporate valuation techniques
- Cost of capital issues
- Flotation preparations
- Equity issues
- The practicalities of private acquisitions
- Financial structuring issues
- Public takeovers and mergers
- Private equity, LBOs and MBOs
How You Will Learn
Understand how to improve and deal with complex finance issues
Case studies and practical sessions will give participants a strong understanding of the skills and knowledge needed in the current economic climate. Case studies and practical sessions include: valuing an MBO opportunity; indentification of synergies; structuring an LBO deal; analysing a competitive bid situation; analyse a hostile takeover
- The Role of the Participants in Corporate Finance
- Corporate Valuation Techniques
- Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) & the Discount Rate
- Preparations for Flotation
- Equity Issue Methods
- Subsequent (“Secondary”) Issues
- Reasons for and Types of Acquisitions (Including Effect of Synergies)
- Private Equity, LBOs & MBOs
- Financial Structuring
- Public Take-Overs and Mergers
- Hostile Public Take-Overs
Case Studies and Practical Sessions
- Proposing terms for a sell-side and a buy-side mandate
- Valuing an MBO opportunity
- Identify the rationale for flotation
- Evaluating a recent IPO
- Analysing a recent rights issues of a PLC
- Understanding vendors’ motivations
- A recent private equity deal
- Structuring an LBO deal
- Participants analyse a competitive bid situation and recommend to shareholders which offer to accept
- Participants analyse a hostile take-over bid and suggest the strategy and tactics to be used by the bidder and the target
John Richardson was previously the Managing Director of the corporate finance subsidiary of a London merchant bank, having previously worked in an advisory capacity with several high profile global investment banks. He holds the position of Programme Director, Visiting Faculty at Cass Business S...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.