Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Appreciate the basic parameters of credit risk principles * Develop a general framework for assessing business risks over a wide range of company types and business sectors * Show an advanced understanding of historic cashflow analysis and forecast cashflows * Realise the importance of financial risk evaluation * Identify the possible warning signs of corporate distress and understand the possible solutions * Understand the corporate objectives in terms of alternative financing structures, acquisition financing and appreciate the equity viewpoint when assessing credit risk
How You Will Learn
The subject will be brought to life by our dynamic and inspirational trainer
Case studies ensure the training is practical, relevant and topical. They include: Identifying the business risk issues for a corporate looking to raise funding; Analysing corporate cashflow of a corporate credit case and modelling projections using Excel; Identifying what went wrong in a recent corporate distress case
Plus, exercises on calculating the optimum leverage and debt capacity of a company.
Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Overview of the Credit Analysis Process
- Risk and return dimensions
- Credit risk analysis
- Credit default rates
- Current State of the Credit Market
- Issues in structured finance and credit
- Analysing Business Risks
- Macro-environmental risk analysis
- Strategic evaluation
- Cashflow Risk Evaluation
- The Current Corporate Restructuring Climate
- Corporate Capital Structure
Videos, Exercises, Case Studies
- Analysing the Credit Risk of a Proposed Acquisition
- Understanding the Principles of Credit Risk Analysing a Typical Credit Application
- Identifying the Credit Problems of a UK Corporate
- Identifying the Business Risk Issues for a Corporate Looking to Raise Funding
- Analysing Corporate Cashflow of a Corporate Credit Case and Modelling Projections Using Excel
- Calculating the Optimum Leverage and Debt Capacity of a Company
- Identifying What Went Wrong in a Recent Corporate Distress Case
John Richardson was previously the Managing Director of the corporate finance subsidiary of a London merchant bank, having previously worked in an advisory capacity with several high profile global investment banks. He holds the position of Programme Director, Visiting Faculty at Cass Business S...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.