Who should attend
You will benefit from this masterclass if you are professionals and want to understand the fundamental concepts of corporate branding and the latest developments of this continuously evolving topic. You will learn how to develop your corporate brand, and how to nurture it to become an enduring brand.
In our online classroom, you will meet a diverse group of accomplished, driven and open-minded professionals from Europe and beyond, working in various communication positions in the public and private sectors, NGOs, and consultancies. All participants should be educated toon at least bachelor level, and have at least three years of work experience.
About the course
Sustained profitable growth is the main objective for most companies. However, corporate brands face many challenges, such as emerging disruptive technologies and platforms, social media, the globalisation of markets, and demands from consumers and stakeholders for brands to behave more ethically.
This course for managers and executives explores how a strong corporate brand can be the most important asset a company has for achieving growth. Participants will learn how to lead the building process for a strong and enduring corporate brand that gives focus to the entire organisation and aligns its diverse stakeholders towards sustained value creation.
The programme includes lectures that provide theoretical frameworks, and case studies to help participants practise the theoretical concepts. In addition, visiting business practitioners will share their knowledge and personal experience.
- Organic view of a corporate brand
- Building an enduring corporate brand identity I
- Building an enduring corporate brand identity II
- Case study
- Short review of the key learnings on day 1
- How to be a brand with a conscience
- Building a sustainable brand architecture
- Guest session by Borja Velón, Director EMEA Communications at Lenovo
- Short review of the key learnings on day 2
- Building a consistent corporate brand experience
- Moving from storytelling to storybuilding
- Guest session by Borja Castresana, former CMO at Danone
- Wrap-up session
- From the perspective of the organic view of the brand (OVB), you learn to see a corporate brand as a portfolio of meanings in a complex ecosystem that needs to be consistently managed – while accepting an increasing loss of managerial control over the corporate brand.
- We discuss the central role of corporate brand identity as the glue that holds an organisation together and links heritage with aspirations. You also learn how to develop a corporate brand identity and nurture it so that it becomes enduring. We emphasise how a well-defined and shared corporate brand identity aligns brand and communication strategies, as well as business and innovation strategies.
- You will learn how an authentic and enduring identity, as well as an inspiring brand vision, are needed to build a strong corporate brand. You will discover how to establish a vision that effectively moves the organisation towards its desired goals and objectives for the next strategic planning period.
- The programme also discusses how to align identity and vision with brand communications and experience – and we underline the key role that corporate culture and organisational structure play in bringing a corporate brand strategy to life.
- One of the challenges that corporate brands face is a low level of customer trust, due to the perception that CSR policies and practices are false and often just greenwashing practices. Brands with a conscience are an emerging alternative and this perspective is discussed in depth.
- The best corporate brands invest in storytelling, but most importantly, they invest in story building. You will learn the meaning of this approach and how to promote it.
- Brands are not what they say they are – but what they do. It is necessary to understand the corporate brand experience and the financial implications of proactively managing this. You will learn how to diagnose and design an exceptional corporate brand experience.
- Many companies fail to properly manage their brand and product portfolios – and so overextend themselves and suffer severe managerial and financial problems. You will learn how to diagnose, prioritise, and manage a brand portfolio, and how to choose the brand architecture that maximises its value.
Oriol Iglesias is an Associate Professor at the Marketing Department. Previously, at ESADE, he has also been Director of the Marketing Department, as well as Director of the ESADE Brand Institute (leading consultancy firm on brand management in Spain) and Chair of the Research Group on Brand Mana...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.