Who should attend
This course will appeal to those working directly in internal communications or HR, as well as marketing practitioners who have responsibility for employee communications. It is not essential to have undertaken any previous copywriting training and the course is open to anyone with an interest in improving their writing.
About the course
The ability to communicate straightforward and memorable messages to your employees has arguably never been more important. With remote working becoming commonplace and a relentless pace of organisational change, it’s vital that your workforce is kept up to date and engaged.
In this interactive one-day workshop, you will have the opportunity to work on practical exercises directly related to typical internal communications challenges. Find out how to craft compelling emails, news updates and intranet content, while also delivering impactful campaign messages on key corporate themes and objectives.
- Understand the essential principles of good copywriting for internal communications
- Focus on the aspirations and motivations of your internal audiences
- Communicate employee messages clearly, effectively and concisely, leading to greater attention and engagement
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities of different internal comms channels
- Discover how to create internal campaign messages that really resonate
- Reinforce your employer brand through copy that reflects your core values and projects your personality
- Construct a compelling narrative embraced by your employees
- Practise your writing through realistic exercises
- Receive constructive critique and commentary
Phil Woodford is a former advertising creative director and practising copywriter, who has a wealth of experience of working with clients across a range of sectors. He lectures at University of the Arts London and Sup de Pub – the advertising and marketing faculty of French business school Groupe...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.