Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Executives, entrepreneurs, and managers who must lead Creativity and process improvement on a continuous basis in highly demanding, competitive conditions are encouraged to attend this course.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
Line and functional Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors in organisations of all sizes
Professionals responsible for strategy, marketing, business development, operations, HR, product development, and other functional departments within businesses and other organisations
Project and programme management professionals Intermediate and advanced level Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors within all sectors, private and public, profit and not-for-profit
About the course
This course will provide professionals with the concepts, competencies, and tools they need to Creativity on a continuous basis. Executives and other business leaders must be constantly on the lookout for new ways of doing business, improving processes, Creativity products and services, and creating novel organisational solutions. This is required in an increasingly competitive business environment. A key goal of the course is to develop the ability to lead others in the steps of deliberate and pro-active Creativity in all areas. As a result, we don’t just cover product or client-service Creativity, but also all types of internal production and internal processes.
- Understand and apply continuous Creativity and process improvement methods and techniques
- Analyse problems and plan targeted improvements and Creativity.
- Develop and implement the resulting changes and improvements.
- Evaluate initiatives and decide on project continuation/implementation.
- Understand and apply the basic concepts of progress review, performance measurement, and project control.
Introduction to Continuous Creativity and Process Improvement
- How change and learning occur
- The competitive and strategic advantages of continuous improvement and Creativity
- Problem-solving vs. performance-improvement vs. Creativity
- Innovation and creativity
- Sources of change in the external and internal environments
- Deming continuous improvement cycle: Plan, Do, Check, Act
The Plan stage: Problem Analysis and Targeted Improvement and Creativity
- Approaches to problem identification and analysis: problem space definition, root-cause analysis, problem tree analysis
- Incremental vs. radical change
- Value chain analysis and process mapping
- Opportunity search and idea generation for innovation
- Brainstorming and idea mapping
The Do Stage: Developing and Implementing Changes and Improvements
- Goal setting and prioritization
- Deliberate vs. experimental approaches
- Formalizing trial and error methods for continuous improvement and Creativity
- Planning for implementation
- Organizing for implementation
- Test phases and pilot projects
The Check stage: Evaluating Initiatives and Deciding on Project Continuation
- Progress review structures and processes
- Description and reporting of results
- After-action review and lessons learned processes
- Performance metrics and measurement
- Evaluating and comparing results
- Maintaining focus on objectives and outcomes
Adjusting to Implementation Challenges and Standardizing Approaches
- Go/no go resource decisions
- Dealing with the unexpected and obstacles
- Dealing with extreme failure or success
- Standardization and full-scale roll out of improvements and innovations
- Setting the example and leading the charge
- Motivation and morale in a world of constant and never-ending change
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.