Who should attend
This course is perfect for anyone working with, or planning to work with, fashion brands. Brand managers, strategy managers, designers, consultants, founders and anyone simply interested in exploring the human foundations of consumer trends.
About the course
Consumer behaviour often seems elusive and hard to crack. Yet the majority of a fashion retail brand’s success depends on understanding the changing nature of consumer behaviour. Social trends and economic, technological and political changes can strongly affect consumer behaviour trends. But the strongest driver of consumer behaviour is human nature.
In this short consumer trends course we will explore how current and future consumer behaviour trends stem from basic human nature. You will develop and understanding of how trends develop, and how they manifest in consumer decisions and experiences. You will learn through examining some of the world’s best fashion brands and how they are authentically responding to trends, so that you can apply this knowledge to the fashion industry yourself.
- Introduction to the psychology of trends development
- Current and future consumer behaviour trends at a glance
- Sustainability Trend – Why is it important? Who does it well?
- Well-being Trend – Why is it important? Who does it well?
- Experience Trend – Why is it important? Who does it well?
- Community Trend – Why is it important? Who does it well?
- Application of consumer behaviour trends in accordance to human nature
By the end of this course you will have a better understanding of:
- Human drivers of trend adoption
- Trend development cycle
- Key consumer behaviour trends in retail, luxury, hospitality and other consumer industries
- How brands are currently dealing with sustainability, well-being, experience and community trends
- How a brand should authentically respond to the key consumer behaviour trends
Kate Nightingale is a consumer, fashion and brand psychologist with experience in retail, hospitality, marketing and construction industries. She has studied psychology, economics, marketing and fashion and continues her education daily. Kate is also the founder of Style Psychology Ltd, a (custo...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.