Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All personnel involved in reviewing or monitoring construction contracts including but not limited to:
- Project managers
- Project engineers
- Contract managers and contract administrators
- Subcontractor personnel
- Procurement personnel
About the course
Have you ever wondered why some construction contracts are so complex. They may appear complex but if you know how to review them properly, they can be easier and quicker to understand. This course will assist you in making construction contracts easier to understand.
Construction and engineering contracts can be dealt with in an efficient and pragmatic manner in order to minimise the risk of disputes and maximise the value from the contract. Whether you are a client or a contractor, this course will be beneficial for you if you deal with construction or engineering contracts.
The course involves a review of the reasons why problems arise in construction and engineering contracts as well as some of the ways in order in avoid disputes so that your contract has the best possible chance of finishing on time, on budget and with the right quality.
- Understand how contracts work, and why they sometimes cause problems
- Address some specific clauses and provisions that are a common source of problems
- Develop thinking around more collaborative approaches to working on engineering and construction contracts
- Recognise the dangers that such approaches bring, and how to minimise problems
- Look at engineering and construction contracting in an international context
- Understand how to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently
- Better understanding of engineering and construction contracts, and the problems that can arise
- Deeper appreciation of liquidated damages provisions
- Better understanding of termination issues
- Analysis of different and more modern contracting structures
- Examination of variation issues and clauses
- Review of practical examples and case studies
- Greater choice of methods for contracting for engineering and construction projects
- Understanding how greater collaboration can, if handled properly, reduce conflict
- Better skills and techniques for resolving disputes
- Wider skill base, meaning greater scope for career development
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.