Conflict Resolution (LB603)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ILR School.Full disclaimer.
This tools-building workshop is designed as an introduction to dispute resolution theory with special emphasis on interest-based problem-solving. The workshop will utilize role plays, exercises, case studies and other tools to allow participants to practice what we teach. Special emphasis will be given to developing strategies to resolve conflicts at work (even with difficult people) without losing control.
- Interest-Based Problem-Solving
- Facing Conflict Without Aggression
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Role Plays with Labor Leaders
Collaborative Conflict Resolution
Understand collaborative methods for resolving conflict and solving interest-based problems. Identify which approaches are appropriate in various situations. Learn the “secrets” of keeping discussions productive and avoiding impasses that could stall or end the communication process.
- The advantages of collaborative conflict resolution
- How to improve results and relationships by applying an interest-based approach
- The Circle of Conflict analysis tool
- Drawing out the best in others in conflict situations
Day One Topics
- Circle of Conflict
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Handling Modes
- Shifting from Positions to Interests
- Communication Skills to Draw the Best from the Other Person
- Listening Skills
- ‘From No to Yes’ video
Day Two Topics
- Non-verbal communication and perspective shifts
- Questioning Skills
- Assertiveness Skills
- Individual Analysis of own conflict situation
- Power Rights and Interests
- Practice negotiation in small groups of individual conflict situations
What to Expect
This is an interactive workshop, which may include lectures, group exercises, role-play and discussion. Come prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class. There are no exams, quizzes or homework!