Who should attend
The program offers valuable skills for anyone with responsibility for establishing, implementing, or overseeing compliance strategies and risk management at every stage, in organizations large and small. It provides essential training for privacy officers, enforcement or compliance personnel, auditors, consultants, attorneys, risk management officers and all professionals whose work relates to or is affected by regulatory compliance obligations.
Participants who complete the program will gain the tools needed to understand and analyze the importance of compliance and the practical measures to embed compliance functions to your organization’s strategic advantage and earn a certificate in Compliance: The Overlooked Competitive Advantage from University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School.
About the course
A Tool to Advance Strategic Goals
Compliance is becoming more and more important every day. More industries are regulated, enforcement is becoming more aggressive, regulations are becoming more numerous and complex. As a result, organizations in every sector are seeing the need to develop standards, change workflows, invest in technology and most fundamentally change their culture and structure to ensure that risks are identified and managed responsibly.
The best run organizations should have the best run compliance programs – ones that are holistic, that build a culture of compliance, that draw on a properly developed governance structure, and that enable overall improved management and effectiveness that goes far beyond the simple do’s and don’ts on paper. Because compliance touches all aspects of all organizations, it can and should be leveraged to both protect the organization and to advance strategic goals.
During this five-day virtual course, we examine the meaning and import of compliance and how to make the modern compliance program more effective to minimize risk and maximize advantage. We review how and why organization leadership can promote a culture of compliance and increase visibility, accountability, and efficiency in all corners of small to large and complex organizations. Participants will increase their understanding of the discipline of compliance with a strong emphasis on practical components to strengthen controls in any environment.
Through this interactive program, you will:
- Hone your understanding of the importance of a mature and effective compliance program to manage risk and to improve your organization’s overall controls.
- Apply specific analytical approaches and operational strategies to build an effective compliance infrastructure and promote an overall culture of compliance.
- Identify components of a compliance program that can be leveraged for better overall management, accountability, and efficiency.
- Be better equipped to prepare your organization for management of situations where non-compliance is found.
- Understand how to best advocate for specific internal and external policies based on a practical understanding of what is involved in implementing them in a meaningful way.
- Enhance your understanding of when and how to seek and deliver compliance advice in different scenarios.
The live virtual format is designed to foster a cross-disciplinary discussion to maximize your learning experience.
- Compliance: The Overlooked Competitive Advantage will take place on Penn Law’s Zoom platform.
- There will be two-to-three interactive sessions and group discussions each day between 8:00am and 11:00am ET. Breaks will also be scheduled intermittently.
- Course materials and pre-recorded sessions will be available to help participants prepare for the program.
Christopher Yoo has emerged as one of the nation’s leading authorities on law and technology. Recognized as one of the most cited scholars in administrative and regulatory law as well as intellectual property, his major research projects include studying innovative ways to connect more people to ...
Mr. Kandel is the Global Chief Compliance Officer & Senior Legal Officer and Senior Managing Director of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. Mr. Kandel joined Cerberus in 2007. Prior to joining Cerberus, Mr. Kandel was First Vice President and Assistant General Counsel at Merrill Lynch from 19...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.