Communication and Influence for Executive Assistants
Do you have the executive assistant skills required to succeed in an ever-changing environment? How often do you feel overwhelmed with the amount of work on your ‘to do list’? Communicate effectively with your boss and colleagues to get projects and tasks done on time. Learn to adapt your communication style to different situations and manage priorities when you are faced with conflicting assignments.
The workload for executive assistants can sometimes get even worse when you are reporting to several bosses. How are you managing their priorities? Are the instructions clear enough and assignments in line with strategic goals? Do you have the right negotiation skills to handle all these demands piling up on your desk?
How do you manage misunderstandings and conflicts when work delivered doesn’t totally meet expectations or priority? How confident are you to say no when faced with conflicting assignments? Do you have the right soft skills to adapt to various communication styles and interface with others to move your work forward?
Register to this intensive 3-day communication and influence for executive assistants training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Gain self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Grow your communication skills to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Improve personal openness and handle conflict to stay committed to your personal development and the success of your boss
This executive assistant skills training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your communication and influence skills. You will gain a wider perspective of your role through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After attending this programme, you will be able to:
- Emphasize your personal strengths and qualities for self-empowerment
- Know how your personal style affects the decisions you make
- Communicate and interact with others more assertively and clearly
- Develop positive working relationships
- Strengthen your ability to take on future challenges, and trust in yourself
- Become more effective in managing tasks assigned and boost the success of your boss
During the programme you will:
- Network with and learn from a diverse group of Administrative Professionals from different industries and countries
- Learn and practise new skills using case studies, real examples and role plays over 3 interactive and challenging days
- Leave with a personalised action plan for immediate implementation in your workplace
What will you learn and practice?
Communication and Influence for Executive Assistants is a 3-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former experience in international companies.
Module 1 – Your Role in the Current business environment
- • A changing world of work
- • The impact on managers
- • Implications for the role of the Executive Assistant – what is changing
Module 2 – Self-awareness
- • Examine your values, beliefs, attitudes and strengths and how they relate to the way you work and live with others
- • Reflect on how to increase accountability, empathy, credibility and awareness of your business context
Module 3 – Assertiveness
- • Strengthen your ability to say no
- • The cycle of self-empowerment
Module 4 – Emotional Intelligence
- • What is Emotional Intelligence
- • Why we need to use Emotional Intelligence at work
- • The five components of Emotional Intelligence
Module 5 – Personal Openness
- • Your personal style
- • Valuing differences – your style vs others’ styles
- • Impact of culture
- • Giving and receiving feedback
Module 6 – Communicating with Confidence and Clarity
- • Questioning skills
- • Defining the message
- • Know your audience
- • Listening skills
Module 7 – Handling Conflict Effectively
- • What is conflict?
- • Conflict management approaches
- • Handling difficult conversations
Module 8 – Influence with Win-Win in Mind
- • Using the Cohen-Bradford Influence Model
Module 9 – Committing to Your Personal Development
- • Raise your self-awareness
- • Be clear about the results you want
- • Make personal and professional action plans
Who should attend
If you are an executive assistant or senior administrative professional who wants to gain more power and impact to get things done to support their managers, this programme is for you. Some of the positions that usually attend to this training course are:
- Executive Assistants
- Administrative Support Professionals