Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Conveying Your Message with Credibility, Competence and Confidence
This practical course provides strategies and skills that anyone with limited authority can use to communicate with competence, confidence and credibility. Practice proven techniques to increase your communication effectiveness when addressing others with more or equal authority, and receive constructive feedback to strengthen your approach. Leave with a toolkit of tactics, techniques and tips you can apply immediately back at work.
- Develop a more constructive mindset and behaviours when you are working from a position of limited authority
- Explore internal and external obstacles to communicating without authority, and apply methods to overcome them
- Increase your credibility when persuading those with more authority
- Boost your self-confidence when communicating upwards
- Prepare and deliver clear and convincing messages with maximum impact
- Get accountability and action from staff with equal authority
- Acquire support from individuals and groups at all levels
- Assessing your mindset and behaviors when communicating to those with more or equal authority: strengths and areas for development
- Preparing effectively: allocating your time wisely
- Guidelines for achieving credibility
- Anticipating questions and objections
- Techniques for relevant content
- Organizing and crafting your message efficiently
- Strategies and tactics for communicating upwards
- Communicating laterally
- Dealing non-defensively with disagreement
- Addressing authority-related power-plays
- “Communicating Without Authority Toolkit” with checklists and templates
- Resource book on Communicating without Authority
Who should attend
Anyone with limited authority over others who seeks to enhance their communication effectiveness. Business, technical and support professionals, team leads, coordinators, supervisors and junior to mid-level managers in particular will benefit from attending.
Trust the experts
Biography Gail is one of Canada’s most experienced negotiators and professional instructors in the field of business negotiating and innovative negotiated solutions. She is a Harvard University trained specialist in both collaborative and competitive bargaining methods, and facilitates negotiati...