Communicating up, Down and Across the Organization
Become a strong, passionate, and effective communicator with colleagues and senior management.
Get the skills to modify your communication style to communicate with colleagues at work. Learn and use specific techniques to bring across new ideas to senior managers and influence your colleagues to support your proposal and projects.
Do you want to be heard across the company regardless of where you sit in the organization? Are you ready to communicate with your senior management team? Do you need to influence your colleagues to support your project?
Your immediate takeway:
- Learn to target your message to the recipient
- Blend emotion and logic to be more effective
- Rectify misunderstandings
How to communicate with colleagues at work is an essential skill. It can happen at a moment’s notice that you need to pitch a new idea to senior managers, influence your colleagues to support your proposal, or inspire direct reports to make a change.
Are you prepared to communicate with anyone in your organization? Do you know how to analyze your audience? Can you frame your message so that people feel connected to you? To connect with many types of people while showing confidence, credibility and trustworthiness requires specific tools and strategies. In this communication training programme, you’ll focus on the specific communication skills and competencies necessary to build mutual understanding and connections with others, regardless of your role. You’ll also discover influence strategies and learn how to critically evaluate each unique communication event.
This communication training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your communication skills to address different audiences effectively. You will gain a wider perspective of communication in organizations through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Analyze your audiences and different situations and plan your message
- Create processes to frame your message to specific audiences
- Apply strategies to influence and motivate others throughout the organization
- Understand how communication can impact how much influence you have
- Exhibit a strong sense of self-confidence with your peers, direct reports and managers
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real examples and role plays over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 2-day programme is highly interactive
Solving Real Workplace Communication Issues
- Recognize the role of communicating in developing influence and improved productivity
- Identify your specific workplace up/down/across communication challenges as focal points
- Putting the Best “You” Forward
- Exhibit a strong sense of confidence and external image
- Create and maintain credibility and trust with others
- Apply strategies to build and use rapport with colleagues
- Targeting your Message to the Audience
- Analyze the audience to create messages that address listeners’ specific needs
- Assess and speak to others’ organizational positions, roles, and responsibilities
- Create multidimensional messages that speak to both the mind and the heart of listeners
- Targeting your Message to the Situation
- Identify the best uses of various forms of communication technologies
- Choose the most appropriate communication channel to be effective in various work situations
- Assess and plan effective messaging in teams and groups when up, down, and across members are all present
- Framing the Message
- Apply message framing strategies to create an open and responsive communication environment
- Assess influencing preferences and situational needs to impact personal persuasive ability
- Practice skills for delivering messages that promote clear and productive communication
- Motivating and Influencing throughout the Organization
- Build productivity by applying up, down, and across motivational communication strategies
- Evaluate and practice various motivational, informative, and influencing presentation formats
Who should attend
Business professionals who want to be strong, passionate and effective communicators who can speak to a variety of audiences across organizational boundaries.