Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All middle and upper-level managers who propose strategies and ideas, or report performance to senior management or other influential stakeholders.
About the course
Learn and practise how to communicate key information and ideas in strategic business language to your boss and other directors in your company. Communication is a critical skill for every manager. Getting your ideas and issues across to the key people who can support you in implementing the strategy is a very tough job, and if you can’t communicate your idea or issue properly, it may always be sidelined in your company. This training programme helps you frame your ideas and issues in strategic business language, so that you can also speak and understand the language of senior managers.
Register to this intensive 4-day communication skills training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
This communication training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your skills to communicate with the management. You will gain a wider perspective of business communication through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will develop your communication skills and be able to:
- Communicate in a way that senior managers listen to, remember, and are willing to act upon
- Sell your ideas, report your results, raise issues that need to be addressed, ask for support
- Connect what you want to say to the strategic goals of the organization that senior management cares about
- Handle interruptions and tough questions
- Defend your ideas or data without getting defensive
- Move from approval to action
- Improve your profile and credibility
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 4 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Communicating to Your Senior Management and Key Stakeholders is a 4-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. Your communication training programme will be led by an experienced facilitator who served many years as a senior manager. Your facilitator will be your coach and mentor on communicating to the senior level.
You will bring a key communication project to work on during this workshop. It may be a big presentation coming up soon, or it may be regular reporting you are responsible for. During the workshop, you will practice, practice, and practice in front of your fellow participants and a video camera, in a variety of communication and presentation exercises. You’ll apply what you learn to your own situation and will have the opportunity to “rehearse” your own presentation and get feedback from the facilitator and your fellow participants.
Module 1: Senior Management, Strategic Direction, Communicating and You
- The customer value proposition and how to achieve it as senior management’s key concern
- Crafting your message and linking it clearly to the strategic context to get senior management’s attention
- Implementation planning as an essential ingredient for any proposal
- Segmenting your different stakeholder groups and tailoring your message to the concerns of each
Module 2: Criteria for Successful Communicating
- Different types of message for different situations
- Including a clear call to action in your communication
- Effective listening for better communication
- Using questions strategically
- Non-verbal communications
Module 3: Presenting your Ideas Persuasively
- Preparing your presentation
- Assessing your audience and the context
- Getting and keeping attention
- Using visual aids, using your voice, using movement for more impact
- Handling tough questions and interruptions
- Managing meetings
- Leveraging your personal style and strengths
Module 4: Finalizing your plan for communicating to senior management
- Deliver your presentation and get feedback
- Different types of business presentations you’ll face as your career progresses
- Defending your idea assertively
- Develop your personal action plan for communicating to your senior management and key stakeholders.
Today Tony consults in the areas of strategy, business development and restructuring. He serves as Director of the Conference Board’s European council of Financial Executives and Controllers. He is a Board member of a Japanese company and also served on the Board of two leading companies in Thail...
Samir Bata’s expertise in Management and Leadership has been built over a 25-year career in key positions in Sales, Marketing, General Operations Management, and Business Development. He is a results-oriented manager who is accustomed to working with multinationals from diversified cultural backg...
Bettina Hausmann helps professionals optimise their Communication and Leadership skills for improved results. She has twenty years’ experience advising high-level corporate and public clients, and longs training experience. Bettina is a qualified executive coach. Professional background Bettina ...
Rajeev Aggarwal has 24 years of international corporate experience in various Leadership and Sales roles, which he combines with 11 years of successful experience in Management Development and Coaching . While working on senior management positions for MNCs like PepsiCo, Frito-Lay International, ...
Claudia Ritter is a Senior Executive and Leadership Coach, Consultant, Facilitator, and Mentor, specializing in Global Leadership Solutions, Cross-Cultural Communications, and Strategic Communications. Claudia is an ICF-certified executive and leadership coach, and an EU-accredited trainer and fa...
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.