Who should attend
Midlevel managers who want and need to inspire greater involvement, innovation and business results from their direct reports, colleagues and stakeholders.
About the course
Why become a collaborative leader? Because it gives you the ability to break down silos, to create an energetic department and team that has better business results.
This seminar will give you the skills to be an adaptive manager, someone who can create clarity, vision and build mutual trust with your team and other departments. It will show you how to inspire optimal performance from team members and help bring out their strongest talents.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Become more effective by enabling each team member to share ideas and generate solutions
- Remove roadblocks that prevent employees from doing their best work
- Enhance team creativity and involvement without expensive programs or initiatives
- Differentiate yourself and become more influential in your organization
- Help increase employee retention and engagement
- Develop a mindset that can increase your innovation skills and produce new ideas
- Provide greater opportunities for employees to own and implement their ideas
- Reduce performance issues by increasing employee involvement and leadership skills
- Customize your management style to encourage employees to find their own answers to business challenges
- Create a culture that fosters involvement from all employees and helps break down silos and isolationism
- Embrace social media to enhance discussions, obtain recommendations and information, network and establish relevance
- Discover the benefits and virtues of over-communication
- Improve accountability by allowing your employees to have ownership of the results of their efforts
- Employ a collaborative process that is effective with all communication styles
- Set up a framework for collaboration
Mastering the Principles of Collaboration
- Define the Principles of Effective Collaboration
- Determine How and When to Collaborate Based on Superordinate Goals
- Use Specific Tools to Promote a Collaborative Environment
Becoming a Collaborative Leader
- Determine Which Leadership Style to Use, Based on the Situation
- Assess and Describe Your Effectiveness as a Leader in a Collaborative Setting
- Determine How to Improve Your Network to Promote Collaboration
Building Disciplined Processes and Unified Teams
- Lead Others to Use Collaborative Processes and to Build Strong Working Relationships and Unified Teams
- Identify Obstructions and Derailers That Block Collaboration
- Know the Steps for Gaining Buy-In for Collaboration
Enhancing Collaborative Communication
- Learn the Processes for Collaborative Communication
- Develop Active Listening Skills That Promote Better Work Relationships
- Learn How to Handle Conflict
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.