Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Leonard N. Stern School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
In today's age of analytics, the ability to transform data into information and actionable insights is essential. Coding in R for Data provides students with an understanding of how to import, format, understand, and communicate their data findings in R, a common statistical language utilized in a diverse range of industries.
In this 4-week course, students will learn how to program in R for effective data manipulation and visualization. Students will import, transform, and manipulate datasets for various analytical purposes. Students will develop the ability to create control structures, such as loops and conditional statements to traverse, sort, merge, and evaluate data. This course is designed for those who have no experience in R or programming.
- R Programming Basics – Learn coding basics for working with data in the R programming language
- Preparing Data in R – Clean, format, and manipulate data
- Report & Present Data in R – Build apps, create reports, and deliver presentations of your data in R
Week 1: The Basics
- Introduction to R Programming
- Data Structures, Variables, and Data Types
- Live Online Meetup 1: January 30th at 8:00 PM ET
Week 2: Data Exploration
- Packages, Scripts, and Rmarkdown
- Descriptive Statistics in R
- Live Online Meetup 2: February 6th at 8:00 PM ET
Week 3: Data Presentaton
- Reporting and Visualization in Rmarkdown
- Data Cleaning and Formatting for Messy Data
- Live Online Meetup 3: February 13th at 8:00 PM ET
Week 4: Data Application
- Functions, Iterations, and Conditionals
- Interactive Applications Using Rshiny
- Live Online Meetup 4: February 20th at 8:00 PM ET
Who should attend
Although there are no formal education or background requirements, this course is designed for participants who meet the criteria below. While we strongly encourage global participation, please note that all courses are taught in English. Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Years of Experience – Participants with all levels of work experience are welcome to attend
- Job Functions – Ideal for any job function
- Prerequisites – Intended for individuals with no experience in R or programming
Trust the experts
Biography Kristen Sosulski is a Clinical Associate Professor of Information, Operations and Management Sciences at New York University Stern School of Business. She is also the Director of Education for the W.R. Berkley Innovation Lab. She teaches Data Visualization, Operations in Panama, Ops in...