Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Coaching Moments® are all around us, but we may not recognize them. These opportunities to help others learn, grow and develop are hidden within the day-to-day interactions we commonly call "problems." Coaching in the Moment® is a highly interactive learning experience that enables participants to create coachable moments and use the elegantly simple Untying the Knot® approach to coaching conversations so that others can identify their own path forward.
20% Untying the Knot®
- Recorded listening exercise to explore coaching
- Overview of Untying the Knot approach to coaching
10% Creating Coachable Moments
- How to recognize opportunities for coaching; exercise
- Turning coaching opportunities into coachable moments
10% Identifying Knots
- Recognizing the types of things that get people stuck
- Exercise to identify “knots” in coaching situations
- Using questions to create insight; exercise
- How to determine when insight is created
10%Tuning into the Conversation
- Recorded listening exercise; what to listen for in coaching conversations
- How to shift your listening to find what’s stuck
20%Listening to Appreciate Worldviews
- Explore what a worldview is and why it matters in coaching
- Recorded listening exercise to appreciate worldviews
- Partner exercise to practice discerning worldviews in real life
5% Meaningful Action
- Review what makes action meaningful
- Exercise to identify potential meaningful actions
10% Coaching Practice
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Commitment, Communication, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans, Generate and Obtain Plan Support
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Delegation, Guidance
Dianna Anderson, MCC is the co-founder and CEO of Cylient, a professional services firm dedicated to integrating coaching-based leadership into the fabric of organizations to make change happen. Cylient has taught thousands of people -- in industries as varied as insurance, financial services, co...