Who should attend
Managers who need to deliver results, build committed teams, and develop the next generation of leaders.
About the course
Coaching skills are essential for leaders who want to bring out the best in their people.
Coaching for High Performance is a two-day workshop, with 3 months of support, that equips managers with the skills, tools, and mindset of world-class coaches. Coaching is a way of thinking and interacting with people that communicates high expectations, respect and caring.
Understanding from the core of the mindset as a coach is imperative. As a mentor, participants will seek to understand what it is a person needs in order to get better at whatever it is they are doing. Through the use of the 3X4 Coaching Model, participants will learn how to effectively utilize the three plays in order to tap into the four core communication skills.
Learn the skills of world-class coaches
Learning coaching skills is the best way to dramatically increase the commitment level and performance of your employees and team members. Good coaches are always interested in strengthening and empowering the people they coach, pushing them to grow, develop and become better at whatever it is they do.
Combining first-hand examples from both the sport and corporate worlds with an innovative coaching framework, Coaching for High Performance provides a clear picture of what good coaches do and shares their tools and techniques.
In this program you will learn to:
- Communicate high expectations, respect and caring for your employees
- Utilize the concepts and skills of a coaching style of management
- Build commitment and get results
- Integrate new concepts into an existing repertoire of leadership skills
- Develop your organization's "next generation"
The included Coaching Companion provides three months of online support delivered via email, reinforcing the tools learned in the workshop. Participants are given specific ‘homework’ in applying each of the core skill sets of the Coaching For High Performance model, guided in reflecting on their application, and provided with additional resources for deepening their development.
Drive performance. Develop your future.
In this program, individuals learn the concepts and skills of a coaching style of management that gets results, builds commitment, develops the ‘next generation’, and can be integrated into their existing repertoire of leadership skills.
- Improved relationships with employees
- Strengthened confidence and motivation to lead
- Greater success rate in achieving strategic initiatives
- Improved retention of top staff
- Employee engagement at all levels
- A strong succession plan
In this program, you will:
- Gain a clear, concise framework for coaching that stimulates high performance in others
- Acquire strategies to energize people and give clear, precise direction that leads to results
- Learn how to effectively develop the competence and confidence of your employees
- Explore a coaching map to help you grow others
- Discuss processes for confronting people who need to change behavior and/or improve performance
- Determine where to start applying your new coaching skills for maximum results and impact
A proven framework
The toolkit introduced in the Coaching For High Performance workshop is the same one used to help Olympic coaches and their athletes win over 50 medals. Over 20 years, it has been honed to optimally translate these coaching skills to the business environment.
- Coaching Diagnostic - A quick ‘on the fly’ diagnostic for establishing where to start as a coach in any given situation.
- Bid for Improvement- A framework for giving clear, precise feedback that leads to results.
- Grow Process - A structured coaching process to reliably move from Goals to Action Plans, based around asking effective questions.
- Challenging Conversations Map - A clear map for harnessing the positive aspects of situations where confronting is required.
In her role as consultant with Performance Coaching Inc., Peggy Baumgartner combines her speaking and training talents with 13 years of experience at IBM, and with experience in performance consulting, course design and development, curriculum management, business processes, and sales. She utiliz...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.