Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This workshop is for managers, team leaders and others who have the responsibility of coaching and mentoring people for increased performance and career success.
About the course
Leadership Skills to Unlock the Potential in People
The same skills coaches use to create superb athletes and performing artists can work wonders in organizational settings too. In this action-packed workshop, you will learn critical coaching and mentoring skills for driving improved performance in your team. Develop competencies and confidence in people. Promote a “can-do” attitude for getting the job done well.
Benefits for you
- Improve performance by engaging in effective coaching and mentoring conversations
- Adapt your coaching style to any given situation
- Expand your understanding and empathy by listening on many levels
- Ask insightful questions to get a better picture of the person and their situation
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Forge better relationships with your team
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. The sessions are highly experiential, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also receive a one-on-one coaching session with the program leader.
- Identifying your personal coaching challenges
Behaviours of a Great Coach
- What makes for a good vs. an ineffective coach?
- Making the case for coaching: benefits and opportunities
The Four Levels of Listening
- The nature and experience of listening at each level
- Small group listening practice
Asking Questions: Best Practices
- Open vs. closed questioning and when to use each
- Questioning for facts vs. questioning for feelings
- Small group questioning practice
Giving and Receiving Feedback
- A feedback model for observation/effect/suggestion
- Small group practice in giving and receiving feedback
The GROW Model
- Using an effective model of coaching and mentoring to clarify goals, gain insight, generate options and build commitment
- Small group practice in applying the GROW model
Building your Coaching Skills
- Small group coaching practice
- Individual coaching sessions with the program leader
Leadership Coach at THNK School of Creative Leadership, Art of People, McKinsey My experience and deep interests: Education (Adults) Entrepreneurship Strategy I am an executive coach and leadership advisor, with extensive experience in leadership development, improving individual and team ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.