Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This workshop is for line managers, team leaders and others who have the responsibility of coaching and mentoring people for increased performance.
The course does not require any previous coaching familiarity, and is particularly useful for those with fewer than five years of on-the-job experience.
About the course
Leadership Skills to Unlock the Potential in People
The same skills coaches use to create superb athletes and performing artists can work wonders in organizational settings too. In this action-packed workshop, you will learn critical coaching and mentoring skills for driving improved performance in your team. Develop competencies and confidence in people. Promote a “can-do” attitude for getting the job done well.
- Engage in effective coaching and mentoring conversations
- Adapt your coaching style to any given situation
- Apply coaching and mentoring to improve individual and team performance
- Forge better relationships with your team
- Enhance your ability to become a trusted mentor and advisor
- Know when and how to be a sounding board, facilitator or advisor
- Empower people to take responsibility for their own learning and career development
- The manager’s changing role as a coach
- Changing expectations of a new generation
- How adults learn, grow and change behaviours
- Adapting your coaching and mentoring style to the competence and maturity of employees
- The coaching process and key elements of a coaching conversation
- Trust and psychological safety: the bedrock of effective coaching
- Building your coaching and mentoring toolkit for positive impact
- Giving appreciative and constructive feedback
- Guiding others towards appropriate behaviours and actions
- Inspiring staff and addressing lack of motivation
- Overcoming resistance to change and helping people build new habits
- Building a culture of accountability
- Developing and implementing career strategies
Leadership Coach at THNK School of Creative Leadership, Art of People, McKinsey My experience and deep interests: Education (Adults) Entrepreneurship Strategy I am an executive coach and leadership advisor, with extensive experience in leadership development, improving individual and team ...