Who should attend
- Candidates preparing to take the CTP examination
- Professionals seeking recertification or CPE
- Corporate practitioners in finance, treasury and accounting functions
- Technical and administrative staff supporting the corporate finance function
- Consultants specializing in finance and treasury
- Bankers and other financial service providers developing products and services for the financial services industry
- Students with an interest in finance or treasury-related fields
- Chief financial officers
- Chief accounting officers
- External reporting managers
About the course
Master the Art of Money Management. The unprecedented disruptions now rolling through global markets are dealing a blow to many capital models and cash strategies. Get ready to become a key finance team player as a Certified Treasury Professional and acquire mastery of current and emerging technology, analytical skills, soft skills and the ability to collaborate effectively and add value across the enterprise.
Beyond Exam Prep—Real World Prep Our program delves into current critical treasury management topics, presented with real-life situations and guided by a presenter with exceptional experience in the industry.
FIU's CTP program follows the Association for Finance Professional’s recommended system. Our program uses curriculum developed by AFP and is led by an FIU and AFP-certified instructor to provide you with the most reliable and up-to-date Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)® exam preparation available.
Our program provides comprehensive instructor-led coverage of the entire body of knowledge on which the CTP exam is based. Below are some of the topics that we will explore in detail:
- Payment Systems
- Money and Capital Markets
- Relationship Management and Financial Service Provider Selection
- Cross-border funds movement and international trade financing methods.
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Working Capital Management
- Disbursements, Collections, and Concentration
- Short-Term Investing and Borrowing
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Enterprise and Financial Risk Management
- Technology in Treasury and Treasury Policies and Procedures
- Long-term Investments
- The Capital Structure Decision and Management
- Maintain corporate liquidity required to meet current and future obligations in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage optimal cash positioning through forecasting and short-term investing and borrowing activities.
- Employ working capital strategies and tools to efficiently manage current assets and liabilities.
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies to transfer monetary value and business documents between parties.
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks.
- Optimize capital structure, manage costs of long-term capital and quantitatively evaluate capital resource investments.
- Manage cross-border funds movement and utilize international trade financing methods.
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information with other internal departments.
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors expected in business activities.
- Recognize corporate governance issues that arise from the separation of corporate ownership and control.
- Build cost effective relationships with financial services providers.
Prior to joining FIU, Anastasios Moysidis had a career in finance at several well branded global companies in the travel and banking industries. He has an extensive background in financial management and analysis, credit administration, external financing, financial planning and budgets, cash man...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.