Who should attend
Project staff, (future) project managers, and individuals in related functions
About the course
Constant change, coupled with growing pressure on companies’ adaptability to change, demands continuous and systematic organisational realignment. Effective project management has become a core characteristic of successful companies – which is why business needs qualified project managers capable of working well with teams.
Confidently execute projects and overcome crisis
In a joint venture with Tiba Managementberatung GmbH, Frankfurt School offers a practical training programme tailored to best project management practice.
The certificate course "Certified Project Manager" is consistently tailored to the interests and needs of the participants.
- You have the opportunity to make your work projects to the subject of this training – up to the final presentation.
- The participants may choose between a Banking & Finance or a non-finance focus in Module 3.
- During the two-day case study work as well as the oral final exam, all of the examples come from the appropriate context.
- All lecturers and trainers come from operational practice and are consultants with outstanding expertise from their own work in project management.
- Companies have the opportunity to tailor this certificate course as in-house training.
The Frankfurt School offers this training in cooperation with TIBA Managementberatung GmbH.
The training “Certified Project Manager” is divided into 3 modules with a total of 8 seminar days. The seminars cover a period of 3 months. Before the program starts, a 4-hour web-based training (WBT) for "Project Management Basics" takes the participants to a common entry level.
Basics, Methods and Organisation of modern Project Management - Module 1
Projects are subject to a wide variety of influences. As a project manager you have to juggle many balls. In this 3-day seminar you will learn the basics of modern project management by means of concrete examples from practice. You will get to know the methods with which you can lead projects to the desired success within the planned cost period.
Further information on the seminar Basics, Methods and Organisation of modern Project Management
The Project Manager: Project Monitoring, Communication and Conflict Resolution - Module 2
Will the milestones be reached? What are the critical factors? Which problems have to be solved in which order? These are typical project management questions you will deal with intensively on this 3-day seminar using selected practical examples.
Another focus is on the "soft" skills in process management. Often, it is not the "hard" facts causing projects to fail. Rather, it is important in all projects that everyone involved pulls together – and in the same direction. Communication strategies and solution-oriented conflict resolution are essential for successful teamwork. In this seminar, you will learn methods and leadership knowledge with which you can confidently master the demands on the management of teamwork – and manage your projects significantly better.
Further information on the seminar The Project Manager: Project Monitoring, Communication and Conflict Resolution
Project Praxis: Realistic Experience in Project Management by means of a Case Study - Module 3
In the third module of the training “Certified Project Manager”, you will get to know project practice through a comprehensive case study. You can choose whether you want to examine a case study from the Banking & Finance field or choose a topic that is not industry-specific.
- The seminar "Case Study in Banking & Finance" is aimed primarily at participants from the core business of credit institutions and the financial sector.
- The participants of the non-industry-specific case study seminar, for example, often come from IT project management or trade/industry. Further information on the seminar Project Praxis: Realistic Experience in Project Management by means of a Case Study (Banking & Finance)
Further information on the seminar Project Praxis: Realistic Experience in Project Management by means of a Case Study (Non-Finance).
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.