Certificate in Storytelling & Content Strategy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Tell the Right Story to the Right Audience
Does your organization’s content work effectively? Is it delivering the best message to the targeted audience, in line with your business objectives? Or is it missing the mark? Answering these questions is the job of the content strategist, a dynamic role that’s becoming increasingly essential in today’s information-driven marketplace.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll explore proven techniques to create a powerful cross-channel content strategy. You’ll study storytelling principles to engage users in compelling ways and investigate methods to evaluate the user experience and tailor your approach to specific scenarios. We’ll also cover key data and measurement tools that will help you understand your audience and achieve your content goals.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The principles and practices that make for creative, memorable storytelling
- Techniques for defining the user journey and determining voice and tone
- How to plan for and distribute content across multiple channels
- Content-governance strategies
- How to use data analytics to refine your content strategy and measure its success
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Perform a content audit of a brand and its competitors
- Create a content strategy for a real-world client as part of a group project
- Develop content and a storytelling strategy for a select online channel
- Use tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics
ONLINE WITH REAL-TIME MEETINGS
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time.
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum.
Who should attend
Professionals in marketing, communications, advertising and public relations, and those interested in entering these fields.