Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
OVERVIEW AND COURSES
Created by Cornell University, this Business Strategy certificate will help you understand the world of business better. This flexible online certificate program addresses strategic business questions such as:
- How do you assess the future profitability of a market?
- Who will claim the money in that market, not just today but tomorrow?
- What determines the economic power of different players in the supply chain, and what can firms do to increase their own power?
- How can game theory be used to anticipate and control the actions of rivals and partners?
- When will a merger or acquisition truly benefit a firm, and when will it instead be a costly distraction for management?
Using insights gained from the courses, you will confidently answer these questions and consider the issues facing some of the smartest leaders from companies around the globe.
Consisting of six two-week courses, this online business certificate program covers industry and competitive analysis, firm positioning options and tradeoffs within markets, effective internal organization and structuring, game theory for business decisions, and tactical pricing and product-line schemes. Each course features videos with Cornell University faculty author Justin Johnson, Ph.D as well as other industry business experts to enhance your learning experience.
The courses within the certificate introduce you to a way of thinking about the world that clarifies the complex strategic relationships and power structures of industry. They present a vast number of detailed real-world examples involving firms and business strategy that will help you see the world differently. And they provide practical, skill-building exercises designed to help you be more successful in developing business strategies.
- ** Competitive Advantage and Profitability
- Strategic Positioning in Markets
- The Strategy of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Managing Supply Chain Threats and Opportunities
- The Application of Game Theory to Business Strategy
- Strategic and Tactical Pricing**
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Use structural analysis to discover why some industries are more profitable than others; evaluate how an industry will respond to changes in the market environment
- Identify threats to profits and potential remedies to those threats
- Evaluate a firm’s positioning strategy and use strategic consistency to strengthen a firm’s position in the market
- Recognize the many risks of and alternatives to mergers and acquisitions
- Recognize the two classes of potential gains associated with a merger
- Use vertical relations management to improve efficiency and increase market power
- Critically evaluate a proposal to manage vertical relations
- Learn about Game Theory and how it applies to business
- Understand the basics of price discrimination and important cost issues
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Business Strategy Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward PHR recertification
- 12 Business Management and Strategy credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification
- 36 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
Who should attend
- Senior business leaders