Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is relevant for senior managers who want to:
- elaborate new strategies to develop their business forward
- gain insights into new models and strategies that
- make a difference in digital times, especially
- subscription, data-centric and platform business models
- get inspirations from various industries and digital champions rethink existing business model(s),
- explore beyond current space of competition and industry, seed and develop new ideas
- get frameworks to picture the forces and mechanisms at work that disrupt most industries
- confront their views with high level perspectives, to prepare for new moves
About the course
Reinvent Your Business Boundaries, Rethink Your Market Space.
In times when most industries tend to be disrupted by technologies and new kinds of competition, organisations need to refresh and reinvent quicker their business model, space of competition and rethink their interactions with customers, current rivals and partners. Business history show those who fail to embrace quick bold moves face the risk to rapidly lose value in well established and eroding markets where high competition prevails. In most industries new comers with models around subscription, platforms or data tend to become the new winners who might absorb a significant portion of the industry profit, make incumbents less relevant, or force them to deploy lots of energy to fight back.
So, today's business leaders need to become extremely aware what leads industries to be disrupted, what are the mechanisms and new models behind, so they can anticipate or mitigate risks. Further, business leaders need to understand how to design and experiment new approaches and innovative business models like subscription-, platform – or data-centric models that often mean higher returns.
Strategies in digital times is also about redefining the market space you're in, and the new relationships where competitors might become best partners, partners become competitors, and customers best contributors.
Business leaders should also understand strategies to apply in case they need to reconfigure when put under heavy competition or disrupting pressure.
How will you benefit?
The Key Benefits for you:
- Sharpen your understanding of the forces at work and their impact on your strategies
- Explore various business models and frameworks to explore and design new strategies, especially subscription, platform-based and data-centric models
- Get inspiration from multiple business cases across various industries
- Unleash your mind beyond usual thinking with other people in the class
- Take advantage of new business concepts
- Apply the learnings to your own business
- Benefit from immediate feedback
Why is this programme different?
- This programme bridges the gap between the worlds of business and academics. With business cases across multiple industries and models, it connects strategic and pragmatic views to support in your decisions and transformation design.
- You benefit from intensive feedback and cross-industry practice.
- A mix of speaking, interactions and cases makes it a lively session into new inspirations for your business.
What will you learn and practice?
This 2-day programme is pragmatic and interactive. Be ready to challenge your thoughts in this session with new inspirations, cross-industry case studies and exercises.
What is changing, impacts on your strategy design
- Quick wrap-up of introductory module
- Digital strategies: beyond technologies
- Designing strategies in VUCA time
Rethink to stay relevant and profitable tomorrow
- Redefining your brand purpose and posture
- Challenging and testing everything
- Systemic, iterative, and creative visual thinking
Change playground to enjoy higher profitability
- Redefine your market space, frameworks
- Reinvent your business model, test new ones
- Reinvent operations with customers to the core
Business cases: learn from digital winners and losers
- What happened to those forgotten business stars
- How those reinvented their old business
- How those raised to stars from nowhere
Reconsider your business relationships
- Disintermediation and asymmetric competition
- When it's time to cooperate with customers, rivals
- When it's time to compete with current partners
Explore new models, stay ahead of the curve
- An overview of business model archetypes
- Platform business models, how to design
- Turn data into new business models
Are you truly innovative, is it enough?
- Incremental vs. disruptive strategies
- When to say it's actually disruption
- Recovering when being disrupted
Design and experiment in 3 connected horizons
- Articulating today and tomorrow with synergies
- Testing new business models in three horizons
- Applying learnings to own business case
Frederic helps C-levels in multinationals and SMEs to develop new business strategies, roll-out marketing approaches and agile organisational set-ups, allowing them to prosper and develop internationally in digital times. By applying proven strategy models, articulating business development proje...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.