Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You are an innovation leader searching for new ways of future-proofing your organization’s long-term business success. You are an entrepreneur or mid-level manager responsible for driving the development of new ideas and innovative practices in your organization. If you are part of an organization looking to grow its core business or identify and capitalize on new market opportunities then this program is for you.
Your class is individually put together through a selection process to ensure that you experience the most impactful learning with a truly diverse group of global peers. Your class will become a trusted resource, encourage your learning journey and surprise you in many unanticipated beneficial ways both during and beyond your classroom experience.
About the course
- Ensure innovation projects build new knowledge and capabilities for the future
- Explore how strategic planning can help to quickly test your ideas on the market
- Discover the potential of Artifical Intelligence and Smart Machines for your firm or business unit
- Develop a business strategy and an action plan for implementation
Gain a competitive advantage with this innovation strategy online course
Struggling to expand, innovate and stay successful in the face of competition? In this growth strategy online course, you will acquire a thorough understanding of the technological forces driving corporate innovation and valuable insights on how to adapt to today’s global market realities.
Through a deep exploration of proven tactics and business cases, you will learn how to accelerate your organization’s ability to acquire and cultivate knowledge critical to the firm’s future success.
Supported by your professional learning coach, you will develop a tailor-made business growth strategy for your business and an action plan to implement it.
What are the elements of a business growth strategy?
Outlasting competition is difficult. Doing so over decades or a century is nearly impossible. Yet some pioneering companies have managed to endure and even prosper over the course of centuries.
How did they do it? The answer lies with the development of an internal, innovative and long-term strategic plan for their business. The art of formulating, implementing and evaluating business strategies should be based on your organizational objectives.
Ready to define your corporate business goals and start building growth for the future?
The program is structured into five weeks, covering the following topics:
Week 1: When strength becomes a weakness
- Introduction to the concept of "foundational knowledge"
- Assess a company’s maturity
Week 2: How knowledge is harnessed
- Identification of potentially game-changing shifts within an industry
- Explore a company’s potential to leverage such shifts
Week 3: The rise of ubiquitous connectivity
- Ubiquitous connectivity
- Enhance the competitiveness of a company by tapping into external communities
Week 4: Smart machines and human creativity
- The rise of smart machines
- The importance of human creativity
- Exploring the state-of-the-art applications of AI
Week 5: Turning insights into organized actions
- Discover pockets of innovation within large, complex organizations
- Understand the critical conditions that enable an idea to take off and scale
- Apply your Leap Map
Howard Yu is the LEGO® Professor of Management and Innovation as well as the director of IMD's signature program, Advanced Management Program (AMP). He is the author of the award-winning book LEAP: How to Thrive in a World Where Everything Can Be Copied. In 2015, Professor Yu was selected by Po...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.