Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Western Ontario University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understand the essential elements of grammar: punctuation, style, and mechanics. Learn to utilize writing manuals in order to continuously improve your business writing. Discover the fundamental building blocks of an effective written communications skill set.
- The essential elements of grammar: punctuation, mechanics, style, and usage
- Writing clear, succinct, and grammatically correct material
- Improving your writing process
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Write grammatically correct sentences
- Punctuate sentences correctly
- Use plurals and possessives correctly
- Use words precisely and accurately
- Write to a specific audience and for a specific purpose
- Differentiate between writing tasks and editing tasks
What to Expect
This is an interactive course; you will engage online with your class and instructor through our online learning management system. Plan to log into your course regularly throughout the week.
You can expect approximately five hours of work per week for discussions, readings, assignments and other course requirements.
Trust the experts
Before pursuing a career in editing, Janet spent 20+ years in the non-profit sector writing and editing business collateral of every kind. As a professional editor, she is open to any genre or type of editing project (substantive, stylistic, copy editing or proofreading) with a particular interes...