Who should attend
Professional women at all levels who wish to take on a leadership role, advance their careers, or develop essential business competencies to contribute more to their teams and organizations.
About the course
In order to develop into progressively higher levels of leadership, women leaders must exhibit knowledge in areas beyond their core areas of expertise and be prepared to communicate that knowledge effectively. Strong leadership skills include an understanding of how the overall organization operates from a strategic business perspective.
This webinar will provide insight into the foundational areas of business acumen and how your development in those areas will allow you to become a more impactful and effective leader.
How You Will Benefit
- Ways that vision, mission, and strategy are tied to a business
- How Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are used to understand financial impacts of decisions and operations
- Approaches for developing relationships throughout the organization
- How your day-to-day work ties into the organization’s overall vision, mission, and/or strategy
- Steps to further expand your operational knowledge of the business
What You Will Cover
After this webinar, participants will
- Understand how businesses strategically and functionally operate and make money
- What is required to develop business acumen
- Develop strategies to improve your business acuman
About Women's Leadership Center Webinars
This webinar is free for WLC members. To register as a member and claim your complimentary registration, log into your WLC Member account and redeem your discount code. (During the checkout process, you will be redirected to the AMA learning site to log in or create a My AMA account to complete checkout)
In addition, registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
Tonya Echols is an Executive Coach, Leadership Consultant, facilitator, speaker, and writer. She is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF) of which she is also a Global member and President Elect of the ICF Georgia Chapter. Tonya was recogniz...
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.