Who should attend
This course is targeted towards equipping mid and senior managers with the knowledge and skill to identify the opportunity of using data science and artificial intelligence for business benefit and leverage them for managerial decision-making. This course is not targeted at preparing participants for a career in data science or artificial intelligence. This is not a programming course.
About the course
Business Analytics is now a mainstream technique in the hands of senior management to take business decisions. This course is targeted towards equipping mid and senior managers with the knowledge and skill to identify the opportunity of using data science and artificial intelligence for business benefit and leverage them for managerial decision-making. This course is not targeted at preparing participants for commencing a career in data science or artificial intelligence. Hence the course is light in coding and emphasizes on understanding, using, and interpreting data in organizations. At the end of this programme, participants will be able to
- Identify areas in their organization where business analytics can be gainfully applied
- Have a managerial understanding of the techniques and tools used in analytics, data science and AI
- Develop skills and knowledge for effectively managing data science and analytics teams
- Help build a data driven organization and a analytics team for the organization
- Evaluate investment decisions for analytics projects in their organizations
- The Course is NOT intended to equip the participants to become a data science professional.
- Module 1: Analytics as Strategic Lever
- Module 2: Revisiting Statistics for Managers
- Module 3: Decision making using Algorithms & Machine Learning
- Module 4: Spreadsheet Modeling for Business Decision
- Module 5: Data Warehousing & Technology
- Module 6: Digital Media Analytics
- Module 7: Big Data
- Module 8: Application of Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning in Managerial Decision making
- Module 9: Data Visualization and Story-telling
- Module 10: Managing a Large-Scale Data Science project
- Module 11: Developing a Business Case for Analytics Project
- Module 12: Building a Data Driven Organization
- Module 13: Data Privacy and Trust
- Module 14: Capstone Project
The above stated objectives will be attained through:
- A very intensive programme useful from a corporate management view point.
- Project work.
- Lecture Series.
- Case methods .
- Group work .
- Online Exam and offline Exam
- Capstone Case Analysis
- XLRI shall set the papers for examinations and evaluation shall be done by XLRI at its own cost. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material.
- Regular Quizzes to be conducted online by XLRI
- Minimum attendance 70%.
XLRI shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. XLRI will directly award a certificate to participants who complete the programme successfully. Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the programme.
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.