Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Leaders across all functional areas including marketing, finance, information systems, operations and HR with P&L
- Managers with significant project/functional responsibility
- No prior technical analytics expertise is needed
About the course
Business Analytics for Leaders is a 3-day professional development course that trains executives and senior business leaders on the capabilities of data analytics and how to implement analytics to achieve business goals. Participants will learn the concepts of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics, leadership best-practices, as well as how to apply insights in the real world.
About This Program
Business analytics, including machine learning and artificial intelligence, has game-changing potential in every industry. However, significant barriers exist for executives to harness these emerging forces into their management practice. Companies that successfully develop advanced capabilities to leverage their data can make quicker, faster, and more informed decisions across all areas of their firms, creating a significant competitive advantage. This course will transform leaders into analytics champions within their organizations and help fuel data-driven cultures.
- Learn how to build organizational capabilities to leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence for competitive advantage.
- Explore the Carlson School’s Four Pillars of Analytics approach that integrates causal, exploratory, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Understand the transformative power of today’s analytics, including the broad scope of business questions that can now be answered
- Learn how to unlock hidden insights with data - using descriptive, predictive and prescriptive approaches - to support faster, more effective decision-making
- Gain foundational insight into new machine learning methods to predict future outcomes, e.g., customer churn, optimal product mix
- Directly apply learnings to a real-world application during daily use case discussions
- Increase communication skills and ability to partner with Analytics and IT teams
- Learn best practices, including structured problem solving, in deploying analytics projects
- Winning with Data Analytics - The Four Pillars
- Exploratory Analytics - Level 1 - Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics - Level 1 - Using Machine Learning
- Managing Successful Analytics Projects
- Statistical Principles and A/B Testing for Business Analytics
- Exploratory Analytics Using Maching Learning-Level 2
- Predictive Analytics Using Maching Learning-Level 2
- Deploying Analytics Workshop (Part 1)
- Analytics at Big Data Scale
- Advanced Issues in Exploratory and Predictive Analytics Using Machine Learning
- Unstructured Data Analytics: Text Mining
- Organizational Design Issues and Talent Strategies
- Applying Business Analytics Workshop
Department Chair, Professor, Carolyn I. Anderson Chair in Business Education Excellence Information & Decision Sciences Education BS 1995 Mathematics Vilnius University MS 1998 Computer Science New York University PhD 2002 Computer Science New York University Expertise Electronic Market...
Dr. Ravi Bapna is the Curtis L. Carlson Chair in Business Analytics and Information Systems, Associate Dean for Executive Education and the Academic Director of the Carlson Analytics Lab at the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management. Bapna''s expertise lies in helping companies le...
An accomplished executive with 15+ years of experience driving handson marketing initiatives and strategic consulting for global Fortune 500 companies. Expert at designing and implementing innovative sales, marketing, product development, and pricing strategies to drive revenue. Dedicated to ensu...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.