This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Learn how machine learning and artificial intelligence can propel insight discovery, informed decision-making, and rapid action.
Leaders across all functional areas including marketing, finance, information systems, operations and HR with P&L or significant project/functional responsibility will benefit from this course. No prior technical expertise is needed.
This program has value across a broad range of industries. Applications include, but are not limited to: retail (store layout optimization); banking (loan default prediction); consumer products (advanced customer segmentation); medical (product feature optimization).
- Winning with Data Analytics - The Four Pillars
- Exploratory Analytics - Level 1 - Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics - Level 1 - Using Machine Learning
- Communicating Data and Analytics
- Managing Successful Analytics Projects
- Statistical Principles and A/B Testing for Business Analytics
- Exploratory Analytics Using Maching Learning-Level 2
- Predictive Analytics Using Machine Learning-Level 2
- Deploying Analytics Workshop (Part 1)
- Networking Reception with Industry Experts (5:30 - 6:30 p.m.)
- Advanced Issues in Exploratory and Predictive Analytics Using Machine Learning
- Machine Learning at Big Data Scale
- Unstructured Data Analytics: Text Mining
- Organizational Design Issues and Talent Strategies
- Deployng Analytics workshop (part 2)
In this interactive course leaders will:
- Learn how to build organizational capabilities to leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence for competitive advantage. Explore the Carlson School’s Four Pillars of Analytics approach that integrates causal, exploratory, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Understand the transformative power of today’s analytics, including the broad scope of business questions that can now be answered
- Learn how to unlock hidden insights with data-- using descriptive, predictive and prescriptive approaches-- to support faster, more effective decision-making
- Gain foundational insight into new machine learning methods to predict future outcomes, e.g., customer churn, optimal product mix
- Directly apply learning to real world application during daily use case discussions
- Increase communication skills and ability to partner with Analytics and IT teams
- Learn best practices, including structured problem solving, in deploying analytics projects
- Begin scoping analytics projects, utilizing the Carlson Analytics Lab framework
Trust the experts
Gediminas Adomavicius Department Chair, Professor, Carolyn I. Anderson Chair in Business Education Excellence Information & Decision Sciences Education BS 1995 Mathematics Vilnius University MS 1998 Computer Science New York University PhD 2002 Computer Science New York University E...
Ravi Bapna is a Chair Professor of Business Analytics and IS, Associate Dean of Executive Education, & Academic Director of the Carlson Analytics Lab. He is a global authority on social influence and engagement, and teaches executives, CIOs and CMOs how to leverage the digital revolution for ...
De Liu Associate Professor & 3M Fellow in Business Analytics; Academic Director, MS in Business Analytics Information & Decision Sciences Education PhD 2004 Management Science and Information Systems, University of Texas at Austin Master of Science 2000 Management Science and Engi...
An accomplished executive with 15+ years of experience driving handson marketing initiatives and strategic consulting for global Fortune 500 companies. Expert at designing and implementing innovative sales, marketing, product development, and pricing strategies to drive revenue. Dedicated to ensu...
Professional communicator with broad experience spanning industries, audience segments and media channels. Versatile and multiskilled, I conceptualize and execute communications that build brand awareness, motivate audience action and advance organizational initiatives. Specialties: communicatio...
Leveraging Analytics for Competitive Advantage - Carlson Executive Education