Business Acumen Certificate Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
Forge a path to greater success with vital foundational business skills.
A major milestone in every professional’s life is gaining a working knowledge of business acumen. It’s also a way to distinguish yourself and to gain the knowledge, trust and credibility you need for career advancement. In this fast-track 3-day program, you will learn key skills that are essential to developing business acumen, including a basic understanding of financial analysis, assessing data to confirm or predict underlying financial performance, and using this knowledge to drive your project management approach. Through unique activities, team exercises and a capstone project, you’ll gain a deeper, hands-on understanding of these functions and how they are interconnected so you’ll be ready to demonstrate them on the job.
In addition, you will earn a special certificate in recognition of your participation in this program.
How you will benefit
- Develop a fundamental understanding of financial and data analysis
- Explore project management basics and demonstrate business acumen in team projects
- Confidently discuss the finances of a project, division or company—and ask the right questions
- Devise and present solutions for increasing a company’s ROI, performing financial analysis and setting up a project plan
- Create an individual action plan for applying key concepts on the job to help you get recognized for your sense of business acumen
What you will cover
- Learning to assess and explain your organization’s performance potential using financial statements
- Asking informed questions about the finances of a company, division, or project
- Planning strategies and identifying resources for researching and analyzing data
- Aligning the results of data analysis to business goals and presenting and explaining conclusions
- Assessing the quality and completeness of basic project plans and monitoring processes
- Effectively developing a charter, identifying stakeholders, and assessing risks
- Applying techniques to schedule projects; estimate resources, cost and scope; distribute responsibilities; create status reports; and monitor processes
- Assessing a company’s finances for performance and viability
- Analyzing your company’s competitive position in the marketplace
- Applying project management techniques to develop a project plan
- Capstone—applying key concepts to a sample project and managing reports, assimilating feedback and presenting results
- Developing an individual action plan for applying key concepts and strategies on the job
Who should attend
Individual contributors as well as high potentials who would benefit from a comprehensive and compact learning experience that enables them to demonstrate an understanding and facility with business acumen.