Who should attend
This program is intended for people involved in investment, social impact, or philanthropy, who have an interest in creating and managing impact investment. Participants in different roles, including family offices and foundation professionals, private wealth advisors, asset management analysts, hedge fund managers, and high net-worth individuals, will find the program relevant. The ideal candidates will have some knowledge of impact investing.
About the course
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School will host a special, four-part workshop to engage impact investors, NGO executives, family offices, and other stakeholders. Through interactive virtual content, attendees will be equipped with the frameworks, skills, and networks necessary to begin making impact investments.
- What makes a company impactful? What do impact investors look for in companies and how to assess impact potential?
- Impact measurement approaches
- Ensuring impact outcomes: How to structure deals, align incentives, help a portfolio company and prepare for an exit with impact in mind?
- Impact investing across asset classes: What are investors' objectives (financial and impact)? How do you pitch investments to them, and where is the industry headed?
After participating in the workshops, attendees will be able to:
- Determine what makes a company impactful, what impact investors look for in companies, and how to assess impact potential
- Leverage different impact measurement approaches
- Ensure impact outcomes, structure deals, align incentives, support a portfolio company, and prepare for an exit with impact in mind
- Operate impact investing strategies across asset classes, pitch investments to investors, support investors’ objectives (financial and impact), and understand where is the industry headed
Robert H. Gertner has been on the Chicago Booth faculty since 1986. His research interests include strategic decision-making, corporate finance, organization structure, theory of the firm, and social enterprises. He has published papers in numerous scholarly journals including the Quarterly Journ...
Priya Parrish is the Managing Partner of Private Equity at Impact Engine, a venture capital and private equity investment firm focused on companies that generate positive outcomes in education, health, economic empowerment, and environmental sustainability. Prior to joining Impact Engine, she ser...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.